Search form

Story....,Is It THE Beggining???...

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Story....,Is It THE Beggining???...

Hey guys,miss me?.Well i'm back......So how was life in the forums without me?????.....DULL,I guess.So anyways,you know when marksman wanted to make his story (which I GAVE the ideas) to a movie and you guys said it will be hard cause its based on a game.But what if he make the concept of the story similar to the game but different???.Thats my question for him....

Ok,now I have a story that I'm not sure to get serious too.You see i've helped marksman in his story.I'm the one who gives him the ideas,while he writes,So we are like a team.So normally,when i think of something that I really wanna be into,i'll make sure its the BEST....I'll think about it from top to bottom(which actually got me into having four parts already thought out for marksman story),making sure everything is perfect to me.

Now I have this IDEA...I got it from a dream,the dream was....There was something trying to take over me or something,it was powerful case i remembered in one part in my dream was I was walking and i saw the painting on the wall was smiling,I looked around and saw every painting smiling,then they were laughing.Then I thought something was wrong.....Then i couldnt remember but something bad happened. So I used It as a spark and then ideas keep on flowing in.Most of it were science fiction cause i was helping marksman with his game science fiction story at the same time.

So far,I've come up with this....There is this world,where mankind have reached their prime era in technology and science.Yet every 2 centurys,the gods of their world will have this game called the Game Of Gods.It is when the good god and the evil god will choose One person to fight for good and evil.Normally, the good god chose somebody good while the evil god choose somebody evil.Now there was this one person who lives a good life but it all suddenly changed drastically.This is because the evil god wanted to choose him even though he is a good person.But the evil god will try to manipulate him by destroying his life,and giving him evil powers.Now each time,he gets angry, the person will have some dark power where he emits a dark fire.But deep down he is still good and is trying hard to stay good.So he will have his journeys to find his true nature....

This is THE really short version i can think of....cause there is actually MORE.....Like people who has elemental powers....war between two nations....his best friend who will help him on his journeys....and not to mention the final battle between good and evil.....I've even thought about one of his phrases that I think is nice...It goes..."I was given a power that I cannot control...but...the only way to stop it....is....to USE it...."

So what do you guys think,really....this thought has been haunting me for a long time.......Ever since Marksman's story was considered great by many....I know i can do more....So I just need your opinion on this.........

gamecon90's picture
Imagination is much more important then knowledge...

you need to read some of the core mythologies from whence the role playing and fantasy books you clearly love came from, to help your effort.

This will take less than two weeks of enjoyable reading time.

[I]I'll work 10 hours a day for $350.

Andreas does the photoshop posters for Paramount, gets $700 per day at 7 hours plus an hour off for lunch.

You do the math as to which is a better deal.[/I]

Sounds really similiar to most quest stories. The only thing that would set it apart would be really strong characters and enviornment.

Much like the Sword of Shannara books developed a following even though the story was really similar to Lord of the Rings.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Yaaa....

Yaaa....thats what im worried about,cause it sounds the same with alot of fictonal stories,but the weird thing is that its NOT....from what i know for now,i've already went to 3 different bookshops to look for a book that are similar to this story,i wanted to learn on how it was written,i found none.I went to MPH,Big Bookstore and Popular. When i go in to the science/fiction area,most of the books i see is about dragons and wizards,very little science fiction.

So what im planning is on making a story with both working together....I mean there will be no dragons or wizards but there will be forces of the unknown....that even at the brink of technology,there are still certain factors/forces that mankind cannot control......Yet,when these thing try to control mankind,it is also found to be impossible,which means mankind can be just a powerful.This can be the main theme.....

The main characteristics that i want to work with is basically human characteristics.I want the main character to act as human as possible as do his best friend that accompanies him....I want to show about what he would do,how he would think and how he would act.....As do many writers,I would put my characteristics into the main character,so I would know how I/He would basically act at a certain problem......I'll try to put how I think into this character,as do how i would respond.As you know in my previous posts,I would try to fight until the end when challenged.....This is what i want my character in the story to have....I want to show that human will power is one of the strongest forces in the world....that also the bonds we all have is even more stronger then anything.....Human Characteristics......

The enviroment that i want to put is more into the future...that even if they are more advance then the world now,they still are no different then us....still have the same human characteristics just like us now.....I also want war,peace,justice....all that keeps this world together and apart at the same time......The enviroment is what im really having trouble in....despite being similar to this world,I still have to impliment alot of thought in main factors like history,geography,agriculture,politics and many-many more.....

So,i'm still waiting for your guys answer,i like to thank for those who adviced me,but my question is still is that should I put more time and thought into this.As you can see, I have thought so much that,I can write about all this, mind you that this is just the short version im talking about.....I'm just also wondering that is there any story that is like this???.So far i've known Star Wars.....One of the best movies in history...

One last thing,I also want to mainly write about the human bonds and how it affects all around us.....Love,Friendship and Respect is one of it,In the world of today and tomorrow....all this will shape a person's and all other's future,is ONE person able to do that.....

Here are a couple of links about the clasic "Hero's Journey" from mythology which I imediately though of when reading your idea. It's also what George based Star Wars off of as well.

http://ias.berkeley.edu/orias/hero/
http://www.mythichero.com/what_is_mythology.htm
http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~sparks/sffilm/mmswtab.html

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Here are a couple of links about the clasic "Hero's Journey" from mythology which I imediately though of when reading your idea. It's also what George based Star Wars off of as well.

http://ias.berkeley.edu/orias/hero/
http://www.mythichero.com/what_is_mythology.htm
http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~sparks/sffilm/mmswtab.html

Aloha,
the Ape

Yep, Ape has some good ones--if you want to read a full-fledged source for this, go to a good book store and seek out Christopher Vogler's The Writers Journey, which is based upon the work of Joseph Campbell.
Campbell's books The Power of Myth and Hero with a Thousand Faces.
Vogler's book is a great read, lots of good current-enough examples and breaks down the mythic story-structure in a easy to understand way.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

So,i'm still waiting for your guys answer,i like to thank for those who adviced me,but my question is still is that should I put more time and thought into this.As you can see, I have thought so much that,I can write about all this, mind you that this is just the short version im talking about.....I'm just also wondering that is there any story that is like this???.So far i've known Star Wars.....One of the best movies in history...

If you're passionate about your story and you can make it speak to the masses...I say go for it. If your characters are in your head and shouting to be heard...do it.

Oh, and just to be clear Gamecon. I'm not saying you're ripping this off, I'm saying find the source that these other shows and movies are based off of and then put your own take on it. It's like making a copy of a copy of a copy. Pretty soon it's so diluted and watered down that it's not interesting.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

According to different sources there are only a limited amount of sources for plots.

My lit teachers based their teachings on the 3 story theory, although they didn't necessarily agree with these.

http://www.ipl.org/div/farq/plotFARQ.html

They usually based their premise on:

Coming of age/quest
Boy meets girl gets girl
Boy meets girl loses girl

I don't know how murders and crimes worked into that but that's what they taught.

They usually based their premise on:

Coming of age/quest
Boy meets girl gets girl
Boy meets girl loses girl

I don't know how murders and crimes worked into that but that's what they taught.

Murder and crimes are plot twists to a story about people and how they are connecting.

Hero with a Thousand Faces.

Campbell's own books are scientific treatises, though; the man wasn't a scriptwriter. They work best as companions to works more specifically aimed at scriptwriting, I'd say. Good reading in any case.

An original story is worth a LOT, but even basically dull premises can benefit from strong characters motivating the course of the story. In my opinion, characters should be fate-tossed only to an extend. In the end, the characters determine the outcome of a story, not outside influences.

Ok...

Ok,,,, I will write it.........I'll try to make it one of my best.......