Search form

My roughcut animation demo reel

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
My roughcut animation demo reel

Well, after piping up so much, I am behooved to provide the following links below to "my style". And yes, I'll take the heat; I gave heat, so can't be a hypocrite. Rules of the Game, fairplay and all that.

preamble: no sound in these; I don't like using sound unless I can get good/decent music and/or VO actors (hard to find here where I live).

Just bear in mind that despite my comics career I never had the chance to go to animation school, am "computer dyslexic" (I don't understand 90% of what is stated in tutorials) and frankly, everything I see in "trad 2D" on youtube looks crappy due to whatever they've decided is the status quo for conversion/compression. (I don't get why a site using shockwave and using flashplayers WON'T allow flashmovies as an accepted file format for upload; make NO sense.).

However zippyvideos allows for Flash so I uploaded a shorter version of the youtube file there so the stuff that looked like crap on 'tube looked okay on zippy.

youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYJNcATt_LM

zippy link:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/1158751296159656/pensademoflash1

so that's it.

with that, thanks for all the help and support I and others have received here peeps. This site is a godsend.

LoveClassics's picture
[I]I'll work 10 hours a day for $350. Andreas does the photoshop posters for Paramount, gets $700 per day at 7 hours plus an hour off for lunch. You do the math as to which is a better deal.[/I]

[I]I'll work 10 hours a day for $350.

Andreas does the photoshop posters for Paramount, gets $700 per day at 7 hours plus an hour off for lunch.

You do the math as to which is a better deal.[/I]

Is there no sound?

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

no sound, no. or is that, "yes, no sound"?

I don't want to put in sound unless I have decent music, decent actors, etc.

Thanks for bringing that up though; I'll edit the initial post to reflect it.:D

Andreas does the photoshop posters for Paramount, gets $700 per day at 7 hours plus an hour off for lunch.

I'm afraid that without sound I can't tell how good it is because so much of it seems to be dialog based. The beginning scenes were just too fast for me to see much anyway. I did like the driver character especially. Doing a demo reel without sound is fine, but the action has say it all.

Alan

Get some "Good Advice" at http://www.decksawash.net

...Havent seen your stuff in a long while, but this ain't the old yahoo group unfortunatly...be well.

Really liked your one eyed monk. You captured some great 3/4 and profile views there. Your mobster character could use some more frames to smooth the action, it's a little jerky. The woman...what can I say all I was looking at was how long her legs were.

Nice characters overall. Like the mouth and facial features of the mobster. His left shoulder in the rear shot was a bit exaggerated. The rabbit bit was the weakest of the bunch, but guess you had your reasons for that. Beware of using comic sans for presentations, many graphic artists abhor it.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

wow, glad I posted this, thanks peeps!

VERY pleased that Phacker picked up that the Monk was a monk. Pleased also for the warning RE comic sans (though it was a diff font but yeah, I'd mistake it for comic sans too).

Now, "mobster"? here's another reason I'm glad for the replies - he isn't one. But clearly Phacker thought he wa one, so semiotically that's something to consider or deal with, since some folks would have a bad subconscious reaction to a mobster. (The character is actually a modern Beatnik).

As for the "long legs" on the female character, was that "yummy, I like women with long legs" or "damn, those legs look distorted to me like some anime looks distorted"?

good to know Alan like the driver character, also good to note the scenes were too fast for him.

I guess I might have to consider removing the mouth cycles until I get some VO, but I've got no decent VO people here and I HATE my own VO (though I've done when forced to). And obviously I can't fake a female voice. ack.