Search form

TVP Animation Pro for November 2006 !!

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
TVP Animation Pro for November 2006 !!

whassup all !
Ive just found this :
http://www.tvpaint.com/display_news.php?idnews=34&lang=2
As far as i understand, it seems that it is the new version of Mirage...
pretty cool since Mirage has not been updated for a while now ;)

yep its new and improved.

What is really great for all us digital animators that can't afford a cintiq (just yet :D) it finally has a rotating project window!!! jippie!!!.

I have upgraded from mirage to TVP Animation, but it doesn't feature all of the effects that Mirage had.
The Pro version supposedly 'has it all' including an Xsheet!...can't wait to try that

Peter Wassink - Digital 2D Animator

Thanx pwassink !
Waow a XSheet :eek:
and what will happen to Mirage ?
Is it a new version ?
thank you for your answer

Yes TVPaint Animation is a new version
It has a lot of new features for animators but it doesn't have the full range of video FX that Mirage has.
The announced TVP Animation Pro will have everything plus an Xsheet

There has been trouble between Bauhaussoftware(the Mirage distributers) and TVPaint (the creators of the software)
tvpaint is now continuing the development on there own and under there own name.
As to what will happen to Mirage is something for the courts to decide.
This is what TVPaint says about it: http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=557

Peter Wassink - Digital 2D Animator

So does TVP Animation Pro have "Animtion Toobbar" or "Board-o-Matic 2" plugins or were those developed my Bauhaus Sotware ?

Software: TVPaint Pro, Harmony Standalone, Storyboard Pro, Maya, Modo, Arnold, V-Ray, Maxwell, NukeX, Hiero, Mari, RealFlow, Avid, Adobe CS6
Hardware: (2) HP Z820 Workstations + 144-core Linux Render Farm + Cintiq 24HD Touch

So does TVP Animation Pro have "Animtion Toobbar" or "Board-o-Matic 2" plugins or were those developed my Bauhaus Sotware ?

The "animation toolbar" got replaced or outmoded depending on how you look at it by the animation toolbar in TVP. I know you can also use a lot of the Mirage plugins in TVP, so I'm sure you can use the BOM in TVP as well, but I would go to their forum to make sure.

If you haven't already done so - go check out the features list at TVpaint.com

Hi there !
I just wanted to bring some details about the plugins compatibility.
Mirage plugins can work fine in the new TVPaint softwares (Animation and Animation Pro) but they need to be tweaked a little bit because the cripting language is George, not Element anymore. That means that you have to edit the script especially if they're linked to external files or dll.

On the contrary, the new plugins that are available for the new TVPaint products are not compatible with Mirage (because the SDK has been improved and the plugins often take advantage of the new SDK).

See here for an example of what the SDK can do :
http://www.le-mec.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=150
There are some videos, quite impressive :D

Nicolas

Nicholas (TVPaint) -

What's the situation on the upgrade for Mirage 1.5 users to TVPaint Pro ?

If someone has a full-license of Mirage 1.5 is it possible to get an upgrade pricing for TVPaint Pro or would I have to pay the full price for TVPaint Pro ?

I just purchased a new Mac (Intel processor) so I'm not going to be able to use Mirage anymore.

"EustaceScrubb" has left the building

So where can those of us in the US without Paypal accounts purchase TVP Animation Pro when it comes out? Thanks!!!

Software: TVPaint Pro, Harmony Standalone, Storyboard Pro, Maya, Modo, Arnold, V-Ray, Maxwell, NukeX, Hiero, Mari, RealFlow, Avid, Adobe CS6
Hardware: (2) HP Z820 Workstations + 144-core Linux Render Farm + Cintiq 24HD Touch

Nicholas (TVPaint) -

What's the situation on the upgrade for Mirage 1.5 users to TVPaint Pro ?

If someone has a full-license of Mirage 1.5 is it possible to get an upgrade pricing for TVPaint Pro or would I have to pay the full price for TVPaint Pro ?

I just purchased a new Mac (Intel processor) so I'm not going to be able to use Mirage anymore.

Hi EustaceScrubb,
Of course the upgrade policy will be the same as it is for TVP Animation and the qualifying products are the same, plus TVP Animation now ;)
Don't worry, not only you'll be able to use it on your new Mac but you will also have more than Mirage !

[Edit]
By the way, for those who wonder what's going on with Mirage, you can read here.
[/Edit]

So where can those of us in the US without Paypal accounts purchase TVP Animation Pro when it comes out? Thanks!!!

Hi mlmiller1983
We don't have any US resellers for the moment so the easiest way remains paypal (and creating an account only requires a bank account and a couple of minutes as far as i can tell). If it is still a problem, feel free to send me an email at info@tvpaint.com

regards,
Nicolas

We'd like to make it crystal clear that Bauhaus Software does not now and never did have access to or own the source code for the TVPaint software it sold under the Mirage name before its license was cancelled in January of 2006.

Consequently, Bauhaus Software, like any other user, is only able to make plugins such as the Animator's Toolbar, copied largely from (edit : not by of course) Dhomas Trenn's Toolbox, or Board-o-Matic thanks to the SDK which has its own limitations though. The SDK allows anyone to do very cool plugins to the TVPaint animation software. The TVPaint SDK was not intended to make a rotative canvas for example...

That means that the old versions of TVPaint software sold under the name Mirage cannot be updated or adapted by Bauhaus Software to recent and future platforms like the new Intel CPU based Macs and take advantage of their new abilities.

That's why more and more users of TVPaint software formerly sold under the Mirage name are switching to TVPaint each day... the only current legal source of genuine TVPaint software is from TVPaint so beware of buying from unauthorized sources!

If you want to learn more, head to our forums here

hey there !
Just to let you know that a new tutorial is available on our website and which is a nice one to do if you're using the demo version to learn about the software !
regards,
Nicolas

When can TVP Animation Pro be ordered? My other question is will TVP Animation Pro come with a USB Dongle so you can use it on different computers. Thanks!!!

I would also like to know when TVPaint PRO can be ordered. The press release said "available November 2006", but did not give a specific day in November . Currently, on the TVPaint web store (paypal) order form it doesn't list the PRO version.

"EustaceScrubb" has left the building

When can TVP Animation Pro be ordered? My other question is will TVP Animation Pro come with a USB Dongle so you can use it on different computers. Thanks!!!

Hi mlmiller1983,
TVP Animation Pro should be available before the end of November.

And yes, TVP Animation Pro comes with a USB protection dongle, the same that is actually used with TVP Animation :)

I would also like to know when TVPaint PRO can be ordered. The press release said "available November 2006", but did not give a specific day in November . Currently, on the TVPaint web store (paypal) order form it doesn't list the PRO version.

Hi EustaceScrubb,
TVP Animation Pro is not available yet, we are actually fixing little things and its release should be ok before the end of November.

Please understand that our current legal issues requires a lot of resources and it may cause the software to be delayed a bit but we'll keep you in touch if it has to happen.

the related thread from the TVPaint forum

Thanks and stay tuned !

regards,
Nicolas

Hey there,
Just to let you know that a features comparison sheet between TVP Animation and TVP Animation Pro is available !

TVPA / TPVAPro features comparison sheet

So both TVP Animation and TVP Animation Pro will run Windows Vista, does this mean that they will work on the Windows XP Pro 64 bit?

Hello mlmiller1983,
For those who would be interested, i just put the link to our forum for the reply :
http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635

Hello guys !
Did you see the new Pencil Shooter available for Mirage ?
I didn't test it for the moment but it is intended to be a rotating canvas tool.

It looks like their users didn't test it yet either (or they don't seem to be delighted as far as i could read on their forum btw).

Anyone tried it ?

Hello guys !
Did you see the new Pencil Shooter available for Mirage ?
I didn't test it for the moment but it is intended to be a rotating canvas tool.

It looks like their users didn't test it yet either (or they don't seem to be delighted as far as i could read on their forum btw).

Anyone tried it ?

No need for anyone with TVP to try those tools. TVP had EVERY one of those tools since TVPaint Animation 1.1 and the rotating canvas/disc since the first demo. The pencil shooter looks like a work around. check this thread out and scroll to the bottom to look at the gif animation.

http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Take care

Hi everybody

TVPaint Developpement, Bitmap drawing and 2D animation software supplier is proud to annouce the release of TVP Animation Pro on both PC-Windows and MAC-Universal Binary on December 11th 2006.

You can see the differences between TVP Animation and TVP Animation Pro on our website: http://www.tvpaint.fr/tvpa_tvpap_comparisonsheet.php.

Regarding prices :
TVP Animation Pro FULL : 950€
TVP Animation Pro upgrade from TVP Animation FULL : 475€
TVP Animation Pro upgrade from TVP Animation upgrade : 225€
TVP Animation Pro upgrade from Mirage/Aura : 475€

TVP Animation Pro Educational version 1-seat : 475€
TVP Animation Pro Educational version 5-seat : 950€

All shipment will start December 11th.

Thank you for addressing us a copy of your Mirage/Aura invoice at tvpaint@tvpaint.fr to benefit of the upgrade price.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to this one.

EDIT: Did the currency exchange rate found and found out TVP Animation Pro in US $$$ is 1265. Ouch!!! Thats about the same price of Digicel Flipbook Pro with all the extras. Looks like I'll have to wait awhile for this one.

Does TVP Animation Pro fully support the Wacom Cintiq 21UX tablet?

EDIT: Since the software has advanced video and motion graphic tools will it be able to utilize four core computers?

Thanks!

Hi mlmiller,

TVP Animation supports the Wacom Cintiq too and can use four core computers since it is multi-threaded.

You can see the differences between TVP Animation and TVP Animation Pro on our website: http://www.tvpaint.fr/tvpa_tvpap_comparisonsheet.php.

Hi there,
Just to let you know that the comparison sheet has been updated to add the TVPaint 7.0 software (sold under the Mirage brand) to the comparison.
The URL is the same, feel free to give it a look ;)

Hi all,

The trial version of TVP Animation Pro is now available! You can download it here.
It is the same form for Mac, MacIntel and PC.

Enjoy!