Search form

Help needed for finding out good colleges.......

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Help needed for finding out good colleges.......

Hi.
My name is suneel.....
I'am from India.
I'am very much intrested in 3D-animation........
So, i discontinued my undergraduation studies and joined a 3D-animation course.........
But, the people at my institute just tought my polygon modeling......
Nothing else.........
I always wanted to learn character animation and particles in Maya.........
So, now i'am searching for colleges or Universities that could teach my the things i wanted to learn..........
And as i left my regular studies as i said earlier.......
I just want to do under-graduation in 3D-animation.........
So, plese help me in finding out good colleges(in U.S or U.K) that could help in building my future in 3D.........

Thank you.......

Well there is Savannah college of art and design where I go that has a big animation department. Other colleges are wringling in florida, RISD in Rhode Island, Cal arts also has a pretty good program and have a good link with Pixar. There are also certificate programs that are offered by schools like Gnomon.
As for Europe there is The royal academy of art in England or Gobelins in France, but they're very hard to get into and only accept a very minor ammount of students per semester. I'm talking like 5 to 10.

That's all I really know.

I can't speak for the UK but other mentions seen around here, from the North America end are

Academy of Art University in San Francisco, California

Sheridan I had to look up, if it's the right one, in Oakville, Ontario

Vancouver Film School in Vancouver, British Columbia

School of Visual Arts in New York, New York

University of the Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

AnimationMentor.com online (offices in Berkeley, California)

There's also a sticky mutipage thread at the very top of the list that discusses this very subject:

http://forums.awn.com/showthread.php?t=5641

Ringling is how you spell the school in Florida. check out pixar and dreamwork's websites. They have pretty inclusive lists of respectable programs.