Search form

A good entertainment lawyer in NYC?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
A good entertainment lawyer in NYC?

Has anyone on here actually ever sold a show before? I have some interested parties working up contracts on a property I have, but everyone always tells me "You get screwed on yer first show!"

Does anyone know an entertainment lawyer around NYC that has experience in Animated TV Series specifically and works off of commission? Also, I've been doing research and I see that some people have an agent and a lawyer do negotiations, but is it necessary for a first-timer?

Feel free to PM me or e-mail maryarlington@hotmail.com; I appreciate any advice. So far, I'm playing it cool and not signing ANYTHING until I speak with an attorney.

i dont know any lawyers but i do know that you get screwed if you let yourself get screwed.

most of the time i thought broadcasters/producers wouldnt even deal with you without some kind of representation.

Well, it's sort of a funny situation since this is basically a company approaching me about a graphic novel I wrote that they want to adapt. I didn't need an attorney because I self-published through Lulu.com. It's one of those things..most people don't have a lawyer until they NEED one, so I figure, it's best to ask around. I would much rather hear about other peoples' experiences than trust "Yahoo.com!”

I hear a lot of mention about Gotham Group in NYC on the web, but I don’t know anyone that has used them.

Gotham group from what i know is a major player.