Search form

asking for a modification of this simple drawing (tattoo)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
asking for a modification of this simple drawing (tattoo)

Hi all
First off, I can't draw. I am thinking of getting a tattoo, although I am not completele sure about what to get.. I have this picture that I think is nice (it's a thaiboxer) and would like something similar. I am planning on going to a studio and asking them to draw something similar, but I thought I'd give it a try here first.. So if anybody have time and feel like it, please feel free to play aroung with this..
The reason I don't want exactly this one is because my trainingcentre uses it as a logo..

Well, out of context it doesn't jump at me the picture is supposed to be a thai boxer ... maybe if you googled for a picture with a more recognisable pose and gave it a try yourself? I mean, you obviously want something simple, it's not that hard. You could always trace and play around with the lineart a little ...

thanks for you reply!
I have tried fooling around with a pen and paper, but all I come up with are some strangelooking figures that I wouldn't want near my body..
To me the picture looks alot of thai, but maybe that's cus I'm training it.
I find it hard to go from a real picture to a sketch. Finding a recognisable pose is quite easy, but to put that on paper is something I'm not ment to do.

I dug some thai-pictures up...
This one would probably be quite cool to make something of.. the one on the right..

The one on the left:

You will do a whole lot better if you go to your local college art department. I know that tattoo's are no big deal these days but you wont something that you will be happy with. A local art student can give you more options and you should have that.

Wontobe is right. You're going to run around with the motif for the rest of your life. I'd feel more comfortable having it done by somebody I can go back to at any time in real life, not someone anonymous from the net.
The guys fighting in the bottom picture should look like thai boxers, even to the untrained eye.

whats a collage art department?
I don't understand why they would be better...? A drawing is a drawing, whether it's on the net or not..

You know, them artsy guys at your local schools. What's better about them is that you can contact them more easily in case a design they come up with isn't 100%ly OK with you. People don't check these boards every day so in case you want a change by the same guy who made you a motif you may have to wait days or even weeks for a chance to contact them again.