Search form

im looking for...

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
im looking for...

hello to all,i am eric and i am in search of 3 artists,three artists with exceptional skills in:
character design/blueprinting
comicbooks
graphic novels
coverart
animation or 3d animation
real life drawings/manga/backgrounds
and knows how to use computers for coloring,screentones,effects and etc...

i am working on creating a complete universe that will span thru out, comics,books,novels,websites,video games,3d movies,etc.. i have all the stories mapped out i am a writer,ive been writing for 16 years, i am also a very strong businessman,i have experience in running a business,making money,writing,scripting,computers,i can sketch but do not like my sketches or find them suitable for my work planned.
my work is dark,edgy,raw,political,and quite racy as well, i combine,psychology,science fiction,history,conspiracies/coverups,music,sounds and sights,gothic,anime,and emotions.
i am looking to begin operations as soon as possible,i am starting a company that will specialize in comics,films,and media alike. i am looking for people with dedication and true passion for what they do,feel that that is you then hit me up asap my yahoo screenname is mobbofghosts
my email is mobbofghosts@yahoo.com

p.s. i am also a music producer and sound engineer with ten years training, i am well rounded and can do it all my self except for drawing,so please feel free to send me a message or hit me up on yahoo

eric

you've mentioned nothing of wages.

as an artist who did a Sandman (and considering what you've said you're into you KNOW what that means) you need to state what $$ you will pay to make this happen, and REAL $$, not deferral "I'll pay you when I make money off your sweat" crap.

You can expect to pay at least $750 USD per week at MINIMUM for what you are describing.

If you are not willing to pay that, you needto use that "good at making money" part of yourself you mentioned to make some budget to pay the artists.

Since I have also worked for DC and Dark Horse and even did a Spawn pin Up (for which I was paid $1000 USD) I am entitled to tell you this.

[I]I'll work 10 hours a day for $350.

Andreas does the photoshop posters for Paramount, gets $700 per day at 7 hours plus an hour off for lunch.

You do the math as to which is a better deal.[/I]

And no offense meant - please don't take this personally, but it's odd that you present yourself as a sound businessman but you don't know how to properly communicate.

English has periods and capital letters. To me it's a red flag that shows you are not what you say or you are extremely careless in your communication in which you are looking for professional help. The only thing we can judge you by right now is your message that was posted. I realize this may be coming off like I am a real jerk or blowing this out of proportion - I apologize if it seems that way. I'm merely trying to make a point.

Professionalism in the businessworld is extremely important, particularly in communication. Just because you are in the "art" world doesn't mean you can get sloppy in that regard. I would have been much more inclined to take what you said about yourself and your project at face value if it was apparent that you took the time to type and format your message correctly.

You may be, and probably are, exactly as you say. I just would have expected something different if that is the case. Hope you take this in the spirit in which it was intended.

Good luck with your project!

man i am so so sorry about that i forgot to add that in,i was in quite a rush and in the middle of writing the first issue...yes yes yes the job pays,right now i am trying to put together my team in the comic books division. the way i will do this is,1st i will review the work of whoever's interested. i need to be sure first that it is suitable for my needs,then based off what i will be using your work for i will pay as follows

art: 400 dollars a month and 200 a week for sales

color: 450 dollars a month and 350 a week for sales.

this money can double and triple based on how many projects you are working on for me.remember your talent may not even be needed for more than a page or box or line etc.

i know this cash seems low but it truly isnt considering im not even getting paid and basically all the income from it will be split two ways the companys fund and supplies and the employees cash not including I...

each story has only 3 issues 20 pages and 4-6 different comics.

(your acceptance will be based on how well u perform)

dude, you don't know sh!t about comics. there are minimum wages in comics as well as anything else, and the amount paid is per page of art plus a royalty after sales. sometimes someone takes as little as $400 for a month of work but generally that's a noob or someone so indie they can't sell much anyway. NO-ONE does what you are asking for the price you stated. No-one who's good enough to sell your comics and ideas and animation, that is.

the LEAST you will pay per page for comics that can sell and make your "ideas" and "writing" and "world" look better than a steaming pile of crap is $60 PER PAGE for the pencilled art, then $35 PER PAGE for that pencilled art to be inked (ink art), then at least another $20 for lettering an colouring PER PAGE, so $115 PER page times 20 pages per issue. That's for NOOBS and barely published or unpublished people.

You might roll with people willing to take less but frankly, your comic will look like amateurish rubbish if you do.

I'm not coming down on you, but you need to know the realities, since you sound like just one more 20-something who has an idea they have not researched (no offense)

Andreas does the photoshop posters for Paramount, gets $700 per day at 7 hours plus an hour off for lunch.

i find it funny how in this thread all people have done is mouth off on Edanger. assuming he is honest about what he is saying i findi it commendable what the guy is doing.

Actually PAYING people for the work that they will do vs the idiots who come up with an idea.

so lets take it down a notch.

yes, but as someone who has worked in comics etc. and knows how much time, how much hours per page for one decent page that takes, although I agree with you, I ask you to bear in mind that a decent comics/graphic novel page when pencilled then inked decently (not even well) is about 8 hours of physical work, not "digi". And THAT is considered fast which is why you see almost all comics having both a penciller and an inker. Comics work on a "paid per acceptable page completed by definition of the editor" system, not a "I'm an assistant animator so I get a certain amount of $ per week or per minute" system.

So if someone is being asked to do pages that mean 15 hours of work per page, what they are earning each day is dramatically less (for a story they have no control over) than pages that take 8 hours a day or less.

something to consider.

i think its solidly unfair to come at someone like this. the person may or may not have the business acumen.

point is he is willing to pay artists. artists can choose to take up the job on interest or paycheck. its their choice.

its not like the other nutjobs offering credit.

i appreciate your input and understanding of the situation but everytime someone tries to make an effort there is no point in swatting them down in the way this thread has gone.

well, fair enough. All I can suggest then is that the project is done as an e-comic in Flash first, which can be affordable under most circumstances, rather than true animation or trad. comics marterial.

well, fair enough. All I can suggest then is that the project is done as an e-comic in Flash first, which can be affordable under most circumstances, rather than true animation or trad. comics marterial.

good solid advice tht.

hi guy's
i,m an computer graphic animator. using 3d maya and apple shake 4.0-adobe aftr effects. and realflow 4.0 ans little of massive. so i just finished my study. i,m ready to work and to teach, about a job , i would never work for 30-40 k per a year. because i spend more than that for my study. so I'm happy to start my own business , I think that is what every animator think . if you are really good. there is some people(leazy)they finished half way study. they know some of modeling or animation, so this people they don.t care and they want work for low salary.if you are good and real animator with great talent, never work for someone else. work for yourself and share your talent.

good luck:D

i dont want to attack you in anyway but

[LIST=1]
[*]how do you propose to learn how the real world animation works without working for someone?

[*]you really think you are that good? lets have a look at your demo reel.

[*]work is work, you look for it or it looks for you is hardly relevant.

[*]you spent 30-40k learning you should have spent a little more and learnt some grammar while you were at it.
[/LIST]