Search form

Obituaries

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Obituaries

Here's to two celebrities who recently died - Tony Jay, one of the grand voice actors and among my favourites, and Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter, whose passion, even if it didn't extend to animation, is inspiring!

Not familiar with Jay, but it was certainly sad about Steve Irwin. His kids are so young.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

I'm sure you remember Tony Jay as Frollo in Disney's Hunchback.

Waaaahhh !!!!

:( Steve Irwin !!!!! I respect you. As long as there is a crocodile living in this earth,there will always be the CROCODILE HUNTER !!!!!! May he live in every person's and croc's heart......:rolleyes:

Imagination is much more important then knowledge...

Irwin is the second death in a couple of weeks that shocked and saddened me. The other is a name that will be familiar to jazz aficionados - Maynard Ferguson.

Irwin's was tragic and sudden; a young man at the height of his profession. I've been a fan for years; discovered his show on Animal Planet way before he was a household name. At least he went doing what he loved.

Ferguson was no spring chicken, but he was one of those guys you just assumed would be around forever. At 80, he was still in excellent health and perfoming regularly, but got taken down by complications of pneumonia. As several sites have said, since Maynard arrived in heaven, Gabriel is playing 2nd chair...

I'm sure you remember Tony Jay as Frollo in Disney's Hunchback.

Haven't seen Hunchback.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Worth watching. Frollo/Jay has one HECK of a musical number in it, Hellfire. This is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyS3weMlxLA.

Originally Posted by DSB
As several sites have said, since Maynard arrived in heaven, Gabriel is playing 2nd chair...

Hahahaha that is so true. No even Gabriel can manage to squeak out those extremely piercingly high notes like he does. :D
Just thinking about it gives me the goosebumps, as I am a trumpet player also.