Search form

Wedding Bells

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wedding Bells

Hello.

Sorry, I have been disappearing at times. We are on a ROAD TRIP which includes a drive across the U.S., our son's wedding in Laguna Beach, trip to Frisco and a jaunt acosss the pond to China.

Here are some pictures of the activities!

The first pix are our "kids" Kristim, Ally and Matt with their spouses.
The second pix the Happy couple- Michelle and Matt
The last are paintings on location...

....and this was the summer we were going to stay home. Now we have house-sitters!

Always Animated.

P.S. By the way, there is a blog with some pixs in the news section of my web site.

Thanks

Larry L.'s picture
Larry web site http://tooninst[URL=http://tooninstitute.awn.com]itute.awn.com [/URL]blog: [U]http://www.awm.com/blogs/always-animated [/U] email: larry.lauria@gmail.com
Woah....

Woah....congrats to the happy couple ;) .I am soo happy (for what?? i don't know???).:D .To tell you the truth,i hate weddings.Especially punjabi ones.Have you ever been to one??.If not.....GOOD.Im a punjabi/Sikh and one dirty habit we always have is our timing.Really,one i went for the 'goan'.It's when the brides/groom house celebrates the wedding with singing and dancing and food and all that.So family and friends get invited and all that.So the grooms family got invited for the celebration in the brides house.They are supposed to come at 8 pm(dinner time).They came at 9.45 pm!!!!!!.REALLY. Punjabi Timing.Don't mess.Plus i hate the long wait in the temple.1 more thing i hate is that in Malaysia.EVERY SINGLE IDIOT IS RELATED.Really.One way or another we'll(me and the other punjabi's) be related.Somehow,one person will be my father's-mother's-cousin's-daughter's-son.Dunno how the hell we'll be related but we are.....and the weird thing is that.......they actually remember who is here or there and how are they related.

Imagination is much more important then knowledge...

Glad you had a good time Larry.

Gamecon I understand those sort of relationships happen here in the states too. The Pensylvania Dutch communites are famous for being interrelated.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

That is an awesome location, congradulation to the couple.

We are on a ROAD TRIP which includes a drive across the U.S., our son's wedding in Laguna Beach, trip to Frisco...

You went to Texas too? Because everyone knows Frisco is a town in Texas. ;)

Congrats on your son's wedding. Can grandfatherhood be far behind? :D

No Love for Texas!!!

Hello.
We made it a point to NOT stop in Texas! It has to do with my bias against the Cowboys (I have loved the Redskins for 44 years) and also Texas is the current home of. George W. (at the moment, I am a practicing democrat).

We stopped in Sallisaw, OK and then Tucumcari, NM.

My wife and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary in the North Beach section of San Francisco. LOVED SF - ugh to Texas.

Now off to China- so email and the web might be inconsistent for the next few weeks.

Thanks.

Hello.
We made it a point to NOT stop in Texas! It has to do with my bias against the Cowboys (I have loved the Redskins for 44 years) and also Texas is the current home of. George W. (at the moment, I am a practicing democrat).

ugh to Texas.

Hay!!! The Cowboys and George W. thing are not our fault. :D Besides GW is really from Maine. :confused:

Glad you had a good time Larry. But you should be aware that citizens of San Francisco really resent the term "Frisco". It's a long standing thing, almost racist in nature.

I too would avoid Texas with every breath I breathe.

Have fun in China, what are you doing over there, touristing, or business? Not over there to oversee the manufacture of Tybee Bear into a toy for Christmas are you?

I've got a good friend living in Texas so I'm more or less bound to stop by there some day. I already live in dread because of her accounts of hand-sized spiders. I cannot, cannot, cannot abide arachnids. Her family is Hispanic so it's gauchos rather than cowboys for me. Eh, enough stereotyping.
Congrats on all the marrying and stuff. I'm afraid I forgot how many daughters (or kids at all, for that matter) you have, Mr L., so please be lenient toward me when I now ask whether she's the one who accompanied you and your wife during "my" year in Cologne.

I've got a good friend living in Texas so I'm more or less bound to stop by there some day. I already live in dread because of her accounts of hand-sized spiders. I cannot, cannot, cannot abide arachnids. Her family is Hispanic so it's gauchos rather than cowboys for me. Eh, enough stereotyping.

Those hand-sized spiders she is talking about have to be Daddy Long legs. They are all legs, which are as thick as hair, and a body the size of a pea so they can do nothing to you. Black Widow on the other hand...DUMM DUmm dummm. :D

They are not daddy long legs, they are garden spiders, and I am not sure what their classification is but they are big and hairy.

Most spiders are super calm and friendly, if you don't bother them they don't bother you. They are just out there harvesting insects.

I work around Black Widows all the time and I never have been bitten. Respect, that's the key.

We live in spider central. Got up one morning and some industrious arachnid had spun a web from the antenna on my wife's car to a pole on our porch, about 10 feet away. We get moderately large, scary-looking ones in our backyard, making their home between branches of the trees. They creep me out, all sittin' in the middle of their creation, just waitin' for some bug to drop by for lunch...

Ecec (which I learned is actually supposed to be pronounced "ee-see ee-see") just sent me a cartoon the other day which I believe was a Fleischer one about a spider who owns a makeshift motel to ensnare gullible flies. Any of that style of animation gives me the willies anyhow (for no tangible reason, sometimes it's actually cool though like with Superman) but that he was just up and eating his guests, and the way the victims acted so terrified...*shakes shoulders free of weird feeling*

Daddy long legs can't scare me, we've got plenty of those ourselves. Wolf spiders of the family lycosidae are more of a problem.

Hello Jabber from China

Hello Jabber!

How are you?

The brunette in the picture with all the other "kids" is Kristin the one you met in Cologne. We are her and hubby - Rich's home in China.

We had the opportuniuty to see how the other 1.3 billion folks live.

Thanks.

Larry