Search form

New Character Animation Demo Reel needs critiques!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
New Character Animation Demo Reel needs critiques!

Hey everybody!

Here's my latest character animation demo reel. It's pretty much in its final stages, but I could use all the feedback you have to give me about any aspect of the reel. If there's too much of something, not enough, if you feel it's out of order, if there's anything that looks wrong about the animation, etc.

I'm thinking of adding a weight exercise of some kind, also.

I've decided against using any additional background music because I have reason to think it's not a good idea to do that.

Thanks in advance for your input and help! If you'd like me to return the favor and give you a critique, please say so and I'll do it as soon as I can!

Thanks again!

Alex

DOWNLOAD (15 Mb MPG)www.aresanimation.com/AC_Demo_Reel.mpg

Before I wait through 15 megs, did you model your own characters? Or are you just puppeteering someone else's creations?

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

Hi Pat!

I use the generi-man rig from Andrew Silke mostly, but also the generi-lowgirl rig which was assembled by David Bokser and constructed from parts from Silke's Generi rig and the Low Man rig by Miguel González Viñé. I also used Ollie from the Jugglers Animation Team.

On my website I have an old animation from a devil character I made last year, if you're interested in having a look at that:

DOWNLOAD 6.4 MB Mpg:
www.aresanimation.com/BaronHarkonnen.mpg

Thanks!

Alex

Nice work acrouch. If this is your demo reel, I'd lose all the exercizes. They aren't as strong as your short at the start. I'm also not sure if it's a streaming glitch or something, but there were some parts in the sort that things popped. It might just be the playback since I watched it on someone elses computer.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Thanks Ape!

I'm getting a lot of feedback that agrees with you about the popping in the exercise portion of the reel. I was trying out some things with spacing that apparently aren't working. I'm going over those animations right now and am re-doing a lot of things. I'm glad the acting portion of the reel is working, though.

Thanks again!

Alex