Search form

Animation DVD's with Linetests and good Extras

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Animation DVD's with Linetests and good Extras

:) Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time reader to this forum but never signed up to this forum. So I've decided to register and make my first thread. I'm really into buying animation dvd's with good extras and linetests from animated movies or shows. Like for example, dvds's like the Beauty and the Beast Disney Special Platinum Edition, Tarzan collectors edition, and Toy Story & Toy Story 2: The Ultimate Toy Box. I also noticed Futurama season 4 has some good linetests in it. If you have any suggestion about what to pick up thats worth buying please list your recommendations. Anyways, until next time peace out.:D

The new Ghibli DVDs are pretty good. I believe you can watch the actual story boards for the movies (Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away) split screened with the movie.

I know the Spirited Away two disc set has a neat feature that shows the full production of the film, right down to scenes of the animators observing dogs for a sequence.

Chuck Jones Extremes & Inbetweens is a good DVD to get along with the Frank and Ollie DVD. Both are an amazing look at the people and process of some of the most influental animation of the 20th century.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Thanks for the suggestions SpaceBump, and Animated Ape. I will look into those dvd's for sure.:)

3D:
Finding Nemo has a great in-depth documentery on the making of the film. The Incredibles also has a great documentery plus a bunch of deleted scenes in storyboard form. Monsters Inc. has some good stuff.

2D:
Spirited Away has a great documentery on the making of the film.
Naussicaa of the Valley of the Wind has a documentery on how Ghibli was founded.
The Iron Giant has some cool stuff.
The Looney Tunes DVDs have some AWESOME featurettes.

I'm sure there'm more but that's all I can think of :D

James :cool:

I would suggest Walt Disney Treasures - Mickey Mouse in Black and White, vol. 2. It has a lot of extras. Very interesting.