Search form

B'ini Gallery II

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
B'ini Gallery II

I have two characters I'm developing and hope to model, texture, rig, and animate for my thesis. Both are birds - a flamingo and a chickadee. I'm sure they'll look a lot different when their characters are further developed.

The theme is friendship. The flamingo is keen on impressing two plastic garden flamingos and wants to join their "group" while the Chickadee is keen on impressing the flamingo who literally overlooks her.

A little like siblings where the younger one is constantly ignored by the older one no matter how much they try and try and try. I guess it also touches on the idea of inclusion and accepting others that don't look just like you. Of course there's also the issue of "real" and "fake" friends.

That neck! I'm aiming for a very flexible, stretchy neck. I think I'll mimic nature and put 19 cervical joints. Spline IK. The one movement I hope to get is when they lower the head, it kind of has this rope like movement.

Legs are very stiff. feet are webbed --not sure if I need to do much with them

I like the simple shapes of this one. They're bouncy little birds. A simpe model with some squash and stretch. They boing around on little legs. the head will have to twist.

This one has a bit of the eagerness I want Dee to have.

I really like this last little bridie here!

all of them are cutie!!!! very nice done! i wish i have such a talant, but ...heh...