Search form

Need advice on animation industry

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Need advice on animation industry

Hello I am a animator creating a orginal animated flash series and its been a few years in the making now. It's not pro but good quality for one animator I think. I have noticed there are people on this forum that have had experience with the animation industry and I need some guidance and advice from you guys. I know nothing about the animation industry cause I'm a amatuer animator but please read on.

Well heres the thing I am not creating 1 episode to pitch to a studio. I am actually going to finish my series. Why? Because this is my dream creation and I realize I am the only one that will make it real. I need to know how animation studios work with already established series. I believe that it will have a large fan base and have success on the net cause it will be free to watch and high quality for an internet animation film. Will studios be more willing to deal with me since it won't be a risk involved? Or is it the same as going in with a few sketches and a general idea? Will I still need tons of money to make this happen? I don't see why I should have to pay to get my idea noticed since the studios won't be taking a risk. I am more than willing to pay whatever it takes but I don't wanna go at this the wrong way. I have already seen a few guys get deals with studios but they had to change there ideas drastically and I just won't do this even if it means no deal.

If I am dreaming about geting a deal with an animation studio I have been thinking about just doing it all myself. I would try and get as close to pro quality as possible and produce it as a professional animated film but of course then it would not be online for free and this would requrie alot more work to get to this level. Please I would be very thankful for anyones views and advice on these matters. Thanks for reading.

any kind of animation will require a decent to obscene amount of money. if your concept is great and marketable then you will get a deal on your terms.

if you are this inflexible where you wont spend money or change the concept then it means you wont get picked up.