Search form

Can you recommend some good Animation Software?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can you recommend some good Animation Software?

Can someone recommend animation software for me? No more than $200;
I want to make little 20-minute movies - where I can design my own people and backgrounds, and make the people move, you know like a TV cartoon, just a little movie, with a simple plot and everything.

So far I've been sketching hundreds of images on MS Paint and then stringing them together as slides on MS Powerpoint - very painstaking and ineffective, as you can imagine! So I need some sort of animation software - I dunno what programs are good, though.
Also, does anyone know if Tweenmaker is good? I definitely need something that tweens...
Any animation software recommendations, anyone?

Try out Plastic Animation Paper. It's a free trial download and the home version is 100 Euros.

There is also Digicel Flipbook. The light version is also around 100 bucks.

You can also check out Moho. I'm not sure what the price is on that, but I think it's also around 100 dollars.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Thank you very much for your recommendations, Animated Ape! I will certainly give these a try. What did you use to animate your ape icon?

No problem Galt. As for my icon, I actually animated it for one of those zoetropes that they have at the animation attraction at Disney's California Adventure. Then I colored it in using Flash.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Moho's a really nice cheap animation software(bout 100 $) that I'd recommend. It's got a built in camera, 3D effects, particle generator, tons of brushes, and you can give your characters skeletons and move them like puppets.

I personally think you can't beat Flash because of its ease, and the vector painting looks really sharp. But if you can't afford, then give Moho a try.

Thanks, Flashthestampede. Yeah Flash looks a bit pricey. I like how Moho sounds - the skeleton puppets are just what I need. But what is a particle generator?

one of those zoetropes that they have at the animation attraction at Disney's California Adventure.

Cool.

But what is a particle generator?

It's a process within 3D software that generates particles for effects like water, dust, swarms of bees, etc.

It's a process within 3D software that generates particles for effects like water, dust, swarms of bees, etc.

Cool. Thanks for this explanation, DSB.