Search form

Hireing a Studio or individuals

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hireing a Studio or individuals

I'm actually trying to get a few animation projects off the ground and I'm just wonder what does it take to hire a animation studio as far as pay, time, and just finding a good but inexpensive one. I meen, we'd all love Pixar, Disney, Geneon, ect. to do our animations, but that's just out of budget. Especially for a single investor like me. As of now, the projects do consist of shorts about 5 to 15 minutes per episode and project. Eventually I'd like to do bigger projects but that's way later; not that I dont have them available to me now of course lol. So with that said, educate the man :).

P.S.
I have the music and voice tallent available already so that's no problem.

Think $10,000 to $15,000 per minute of animation, in any medium--and for any independent studio, not the top drawer outfits you mentioned. Those are where the prices typically start, it climbs from there.

Keep in mind that "your" project will not be something that will be a priority unless you have the capital to make it a priority for them. They will charged based upon their staff, overhead, supplies, time etc, etc, etc.

This is why its EXTREMELY rare that the "average schmo" off the street has animation done on demand by these studios. Most projects rely on multiple investors to spread the cost/investment around and thus make it viable.

Remember, what you are doing is essentially renting the studio, with its staff, expertise, equipment and time. You pay for all of that.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

Ouch

Wow what a wake up call! And I thought the music industry was bad. Well what about an individual? I know you'd be in a position to get things done alot slower, but that seems more cost effective. But by how much off? Any rumors about pro's working for shmoes with tight cash ? lol

Animation Production Studio At Kolkata

Hi

This is Sujit K Ghosh of Barin Infotech,Kolkata.We are 2D/3D Animation Production Studio.Please send me a e mail about your idea to eskay_gee@yahoo.co.in so that I could provide you the feedback.
I shall try my best to solve your problem

No not 30min! lol I cant call that amount of money change lol.

Actually to start, I dont need 30min. I only need 5, 15 as a worst case senario. Yeah I know about "exposure". That's basically why I want to pay people now. I meen I wouldn't want that to happen to me. The fact is I was trying to do it my self a while back. However with my major concentration being in Music Production/ Artistry and computer engineering, I just didn't have the time much like my programming project where I was the sole propriator. Turned into a non profit 4 year project that I loved, but was taking too long. That's why I'm looking for an individual, or a few individuals to help me out. The only things I'd be in charge of (more less) is the music (sound), scripting and possibly directing if need be.

Hi!

We're sleek animation team named as "Sleeky" situated in kolkata.We have gone through your details.After getting your all information,we are very much interested on your project.Becoz our experienced team is ready to accept the challenge.We provide quality work but in lower price than others.

Please shoot us a mail,so we can show you our work samples.

@ : sleeksolutions@gmail.com

Hope this will help you to choose a good one:)

Regards,
Sleeky

What about

What about the CG rout? Wouldn't that be a bit cheaper? Considering that most of my work I'd like Cel Shaded, it should be a bit less considering the modeler / animator wouldn't have to create all those advanced textures and bump maps and all right?

you may consider going in partnership with us, yesthisismyday. For more detail plz visit www.yesthisismyday.com. email Tony at lequidon1@yahoo.com
We are interested in the music biz also. We wish you luck finding what you need no matter how hard it is, just keep searching.
regards,

Beo Nguyen - yesthisismyday

LF is right. but you can look at Flash as a tool to save a lot of time and cut costs. some of the Flash animation out there is high quality and still cheaper than something traditional or CGI related.

also it depends on what this is really for.you could do something like the Pharell Williams video with a character just mucking around and it fit well with the video and wasnt terribly expensive or time consuming to do.

established low rates for comics are $90 per completed page ($60 for pencils, $30 for inks), PLUS lettering unless you do the lettering yourself. Colour adds more and b/w comics don't sell as well so you're at over $120 per page for 24 pages (over $2500) per issue of a comic in pre press (the comics version of pre-evelopment and development, to use film terms) already. Then you have to advertise, and have three issues in the can before Diamond Distributors will even consider it. No Distribution means no sales means lost investment, and you have to go through Diamond since they killed the other distr.'s off.

So for a comicbook, at best, you are looking at $4000 x 3 issues MINIMUM to even have a viable chance of BREAKING EVEN.

These are rates for NOBODIES in comics and in comics, name value means everything. Drew Hayes ran at a loss for years before Poison Elves made a profit and he had to write, pencil, ink and letter everything HIMSELF. And yes, I know/have met Drew.

Thus paying an animator a modicum of what they are worth starts looking pretty good, huh?

[I]I'll work 10 hours a day for $350.

Andreas does the photoshop posters for Paramount, gets $700 per day at 7 hours plus an hour off for lunch.

You do the math as to which is a better deal.[/I]

If you really want realistic offers for your project then you need to provide your realistic situation, How much are you prepared to pay for having your project realised into an animation?

If you are looking for a 1 person animation team then you are looking at longer time spans.

I would say you're looking at an average cost of £1000 per minute of animation, This is at graduate based level, and will still varie because of different skill levels of the individuals. For example some graduates may have a simpsons level or worse and other can almost do disney level. If ur really lucky u can find some which do a load of different styles. ;)

Outsourcing is interesting!, Animation is one of those things that depend on talent and skill and dedication!, if you want some number of average pictures per/day/costs then get a whole bunch of cheaply trained animators to churn the frames cheaply. but if you want something with quality and style you are gona have to pay for it no matter where you go.

I've been working on an animation for a 10 minute music vid with a friend, 7min 2d and 3min 3D.

We worked on the 2D animation and coloring only. We are a 2 man team and it took us 2 and a half months to finish on a blend of 1's and 2's animation frame by frame. Pretty much no time for anything else due to a tight deadline, This is at almost pro-level of quality(a mix of disney and anime styled) , but with more time i'm sure we could have bettered wot we had produced! But we basically produced what we could BASED on the limiting factors!

Good luck! and hope you find what your looking for.

Animation Production

http://www.cyberchicken.co.kr

Greetings,
We would like to offer our services for creating
animations for you and your customers. Please take a
look at our work at the above website. We would be
delighted to create the animations you need! Our most
recent work includes MUCHA LUCHA, BOONDUK, WWIU, CNH,
Happy Animal Friends and COCONUT FRED’S FRUIT SALAD
ISLAND.

Concerning pricing, we can create the animations you need
between 2000 to 2500 per minute of finished animation. If this
price is too high for your budget, we do have sister studios that
can offer near the same quality for 1200 to 1500 per minute of
finished animation.

If you are looking for traditional or 3d animation, we can also
assist with these productions. Our 3d studios have assisted in
the creation of the feature, FINAL FANTASY, 26 episodes of
Jimmy Neutron... and many more.

As far as our production capacity, we can deliver ONE
22 minute episode every 6 weeks or TWO 11 minute
episodes every six weeks, provided that we have all
needed materials in our possession when we begin.

If we receive materials for a new show every week, we
will deliver that show six weeks later. We have a
very seasoned crew and they are all experienced
on producing Mucha Lucha, American Dad and many
other titles.

CYBERCHICKEN, FOUNDED IN 2002 OFFERS THE VERY BEST
QUALITY FLASH ANIMATION THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN...
PERFORMED BY SOME OF THE BEST FLASH ARTISANS IN THE
BUSINESS TODAY CYBERCHICKEN CAN OFFER HIGH QUALITY
PRODUCT AT COMPETITIVE RATES IN ANY STYLE TO SATISFY
THE MOST DISCERNING OF CLIENTS AND TIGHTEST OF
BUDGETS!

Our U.S. Animation Sales office can also assist with
funding and placement of your animated projects.
Contact a member at our U.S. Animation Sales office
to learn more.

We look forward to assisting you!

David Franks
Cyberchicken U.S. Animation Sales
7212 Small Ridge Circle
Raleigh, NC 27614-7209
david@usanimationsales.com

Cyberchicken
Address :2th F1. Suchang Bld.
Nonhyun Dong 242-43
Kang Nam Gu Seoul Korea

Dear Sir,

We like to introduce "Elecom Toon" and its parent organization, ELECOM SOFTWARE PVT. LTD. to your esteemed organization.

Elecom Software Pvt. Ltd., incorporated in 1996 as a part of US$ 80 million Elecom Group of Companies, is one of the growing IT Organizations from World's second largest economy, India. Elecom provides business driven technology solutions while offering the price performance benefits. To date, Elecom has successfully implemented 24 diversified projects in Europe using contemporary and legacy tools/technologies for cross-industry business functions. We develop long term relationship with our customers through best of breed business solutions assuring Quality conforming to International Standards. Elecom has been accredited with ISO 9001:2000 by American Quality Assessors (AQA) for their Quality Management System.

As part of the diversification plan of Elecom, Elecom Toon was formed in 2000 as a logical subsidiary of Elecom to provide technical services in the field of Media and Entertainment Software with special thrust on 2D/3D animation, keeping in mind the rich cultural and artistic heritage of Kolkata.

ELECOM TOON today is one of the leading Creative Studios in India, equipped with latest workstations, and high-end PCs empowered by the expertise in software such as ANIMO, Macromedia Flash, Adobe and other web authoring and programming software.

Spread over 5,000 sq. ft., housing leading-edge software and hardware for developing 2D/3D animation, graphics.

A rich pool filled with talent comprising of artists, writers, technicians, software professionals and industry stalwarts in related business areas such as 2D/3D animation production, interactive software, games, SFX and graphic solutions, print syndication and web-development.

A complete set-up of manpower and infrastructure to develop and syndicate content for diverse media be they films, TV, print or the web.

Our expertise includes:

2D Animation / 3D Animation / Computer Gaming and Interactive Software / Flash Animation/ SYNDICATION of cartoon and comic strips.

As a growing company, we firmly believe that it's our people and our ability to work on a wide range of software that enables our clients to entrust us with their valuable projects. As is the nature of creative industry, "time and cost are the essence of any project". In order to facilitate tight deadlines, and to maximize time spent on content and quality, we use state of the art hardware to complement our software tools.

We offer competitive edge for your business advantage through our Professional Management and Personalized Service.

Thanks and Regards.
Bikram Naskar
(Marketing Division)

My Email Id is : bikram@elecomsoftware.com / bikram@elecomtoon.com

ELECOM TOON
(A division of Elecom Software)

Development Center:
382,383 Budge Budge Trunk Road,
Chakmir, Kolkatta-700141.
Ph: +91-33-24921095 / 24927772

Corporate Office:
314 Vardaan, 3rd Floor,
25A Camac Street, Kolkata - 700 016

Web: www.elecomtoon.com

Animation

I do have an animation studio feel free to communicate with me,we have experience about Animation and Software development.
We have tied up with an film distribution Industry and Network solution house.
Feel free to communicate...9830082617