Search form

the monsterhouse

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
the monsterhouse

hi i have been seing the comercials for the new movie monster house and to me it looks like they did the animation different than the other movies i have seen. it might be just me but I just was wandering.

I'm pretty sure I read that the characters were mocapped. They wanted to mocap the house too, but... ;)

I'm pretty sure I read that the characters were mocapped. They wanted to mocap the house too, but... ;)

It's Mo-Capped. The same guys who did Polar Express.
James :cool:

No, no, no... it's not mo-capped, it's "performance captured." Hard to believe that this and Polar Express is from the same producer that brought us Roger Rabbit. :rolleyes:

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

No, no, no... it's not mo-capped, it's "performance captured." Hard to believe that this and Polar Express is from the same producer that brought us Roger Rabbit. :rolleyes:

Aloha,
the Ape

Hard in what way? I have been seeing the same clips and the one thing that sticks in my mind is why animate this? "Final Fantasy" is a very advance example on computer animation, but I think it would have played better if they had just made it with actors, the same so for "Monster House".

Probably the only way I'd watch Final Fantasy a second time is for a live-action James Woods performance. It wasn't completely sh---y as a movie, if I recall, just...weird animated.

Wontobe is so right. Why not make this live action and sfx the house? The scenes with the kids in the trailers and commercials give me the creeps - and not in a good way.

Alan

Get some "Good Advice" at http://www.decksawash.net

I saw "Monster House" today and the animation was excellent, the voice actors did a great job. This is a movie you are going to wont to see, as a rental or on TV. The story was too dark and moved alone too slowly and I think the public must think that too. There were only ten people in the theater and five of them walked out before the movie was over.

I can see why they chose to go all animation instead of doing a mix of live and CG work. The movie would have tanked even harder, in my opinion, like "Toy Soldiers". But as I said the animation was excellent. Good Job

Probably the only way I'd watch Final Fantasy a second time is for a live-action James Woods performance. It wasn't completely sh---y as a movie, if I recall, just...weird animated.

are you talking about the spirits within final fantasy or the advent children final fantasy?

james woods, haha

http://ben-reynolds.com
Animation and Design