Search form

Better animation schools

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Better animation schools

Guys, I want to go to school for 3d animation. I am acctualy dropping out of business school to do this. What are teh better schools? I know CalArts is where its at (how hard is it toget in there?) and then i have heard that some school in onterio is good as welll. What other schools are worth looking at. Location is not an issue Im looking for a school with a good reputation. Thanks guys, i cant find this info anywhere online, i think you need to be an insider to know this stuff.

Guys, I want to go to school for 3d animation. I am acctualy dropping out of business school to do this. What are teh better schools? I know CalArts is where its at (how hard is it toget in there?) and then i have heard that some school in onterio is good as welll. What other schools are worth looking at. Location is not an issue Im looking for a school with a good reputation. Thanks guys, i cant find this info anywhere online, i think you need to be an insider to know this stuff.

Can't find this info?

There's been about a hundred threads in the forums here on this very subject.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

Hi Teddy, and welcome to the AWN Forums. You might want to start your search at the top of this very forum and read the sticky titled "Art and Animation Schools."

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

screw you guys

its one thing to list schools dumbass, its another to discuss reputations, rate their program, and perhaps even discuss tuition. Forgive me if i didn't feel like visiting hundreds of sites and emailing tons of people to find out tuition and then sort through the info provided by the school which is all the same and says that they have the greatest teachers and newest equiptment, and still not even know how the school is veiwed by the animation community. And when I search for good schools, top schools, best schools, schools, and then substitute school with college and university and the only threads found are for a dumbass little fourteener who wants an animation school i kinda figure that there isnt a plethora of threads pertaining to this subject. So would anyone like to help me out or does everyone have a stick up their ass?

its one thing to list schools dumbass, its another to discuss reputations, rate their program, and perhaps even discuss tuition. Forgive me if i didn't feel like visiting hundreds of sites and emailing tons of people to find out tuition and then sort through the info provided by the school which is all the same and says that they have the greatest teachers and newest equiptment, and still not even know how the school is veiwed by the animation community. And when I search for good schools, top schools, best schools, schools, and then substitute school with college and university and the only threads found are for a dumbass little fourteener who wants an animation school i kinda figure that there isnt a plethora of threads pertaining to this subject. So would anyone like to help me out or does everyone have a stick up their ass?

Wow, Teddy. You sure are going to get a lot of help now. If reading a few pages on an animation forum or visiting a few school websites to find out their tuition is too much work for you, animation is not for you. Good luck in bussiness school.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

The Square Holes 4X4 Rectum Club meeting is at my house this week...who's bringing the dip??

Here's your help, teddyboy - go to the sticky Ape mentioned and start reading. You don't even have to look that hard - the links are in the first post (ironically, also by Ape...)

Do some research and make your own decision, as you won't be getting any further advice from anyone on this forum.

It appears your stick is so far up your bum that it's turned into a chip on your shoulder.

The Square Holes 4X4 Rectum Club meeting is at my house this week...who's bringing the dip??

Silicon dip, or that tepid water-soluble stuff again???

Silicon dip, or that tepid water-soluble stuff again???

nothing with glycerin ( I'm allergic )

:~)
I have nothing to add.
It's just great seeing an uppity business major -- even an erstwhile one -- get shamed.

That's all. :)

Animation isn't for lazy minds like yours then, Teddy. If you want life and career handed to you on a platter, stay in business school.

its one thing to list schools dumbass, its another to discuss reputations, rate their program, and perhaps even discuss tuition. Forgive me if i didn't feel like visiting hundreds of sites and emailing tons of people to find out tuition and then sort through the info provided by the school which is all the same and says that they have the greatest teachers and newest equiptment,
So would anyone like to help me out or does everyone have a stick up their ass?

You're the only one here with a 2x4 up his ass, Teddyboy, Lazyboy, Beddybye, Scummybag. If you're too lazy to glean through a few threads, then you're too lazy for any school.

You're welcome.