Search form

quick demo reel check

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
quick demo reel check

well I just got back from a trip after graduating and am starting my job hunt, so I've updated my demo reel and am looking for either a critique or an AWN stamp of approval before I start thinking of some way to package it and shipping these off. Most of it is stuff I've posted before, but I'm worried it might be too short?
Also... if anyone knows anything about burning DVDs, I tried burning DVDs using large, uncompressed video files, but it turned out choppy on playback, so unless anyone has a solution, I'm going to use this uploaded h234 quicktime version.

http://www.ribaldyouth.com/krishna/anim/new.mov

Whaaaa? We have a stamp now? :p

Cut all the rough animation, and leave just the full colored shots. Some of your best work doesn't come on screen till 26 seconds into your demo. Some studio screeners might not even make it that far. Remember to always lead with your best work. If you really want to, you can leave that first rough animation in where the kid hand springs up and runs away. That one's pretty nice, but lose the rest. I'd lead off with the kid running down hill on all fours, then maybe end with him kissing the water melon. Yes, it'll be short, but that should be enough.

Really nice editing though, like the cut from when the kid jumps off the tree to the character double bounce walking down the path. The music is nice too. It really suits your animation.

Good hunting.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

thanks Ape, big help, as always :)

I keep tring to see it but I get the message about not being able to find the server message. I have found your index of post work and have looked through some of them. Nice work.

well, I'm borrowing webspace from a friend :D my stuff is only in the "krishna" subdirectory (and subdirectories of that)
if that's what you looked at, thanks
otherwise, yeah, I think his stuff is swell

"Remember to always lead with your best work. "

I'm just finished school too and I go on a trip too. Animated monkey is very wright. The first thing an the last thing will be rememberd. I dont know if I write it good but it called ; primacy, recency effect...

Good luck, and i'm still waiting to see it.