Search form

How much is Enough??

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
How much is Enough??

How much does an animated film need to make in order to be a box office success? They could be a number one movie, but it doesn't nessecarily mean it's all that good.

Also, is there a difference between a box office and a blockbuster? What is a blockbuster really?
I've always thought of a blockbuster as a movie that tops them all.

How much makes it number one?

You don't think these questions through before you ask them, do you, BW?

How much does an animated film need to make in order to be a box office success?

It needs to make more money than it cost to produce and market.

Also, is there a difference between a box office and a blockbuster?

A box office is a booth where tickets are sold.
A blockbuster is a movie that makes hundreds of millions of dollars in the theater.

What is a blockbuster really?

A blockbuster is a movie that makes hundreds of millions of dollars in the theater.

How much makes it number one?

For a movie to be number one, it has to make the most money.

In my history of film class, the teacher said (one of the three popular etymologies) that a 'blockbuster' came from theatre when lines would be so bad because so many people were anxious to see something that it could wrap around the corner of the block.

Last time I saw that happen was Spider-Man, but then again I haven't been to an opening day since. We'll probably see the Pirates sequel as soon as possible...I have a good feeling about the numbers on that one.

delete

alright already harvey.

There's a thread I want to delete, but the edit button won't let me delete it. I've tried a lot of things with it. How can I delete a post for good, without that messages coming up saying it's too short?

With these vBulletin boards, you need to either be a mod or have similar powers assigned to you by a "supermod" or admin to delete entire threads. At least, that's the way it was circa 3.5. To delete a regular post, try to keep the message as empty as possible and look for a thin box, usually the first, that has two radio buttons and a box asking for a reason. If you click to delete it and submit the message, it should be okay.

There's a thread I want to delete, but the edit button won't let me delete it. I've tried a lot of things with it. How can I delete a post for good, without that messages coming up saying it's too short?

To delete a thread, simply add a post saying how much you hate Animation Nation.