Search form

Phreak's Gallery/Sandpit!

254 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi there

Thanks for the comments ElusiveMoose! Yeh, I do use photoshop. Pretty new to it, but quite addicted too!

Here's a quicky I did of ELVIS PRESLEY: SUPERMAN

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Haha that last pic is very interesting!
Although I would have thought that that monster's bad breath would definitely have alerted the girl of its presence! :D

ha!

so elvis is superman!...i knew there was a similarity in their hair curl! hehee...nice...:D

Go now! Its Free! YES Free!
www.derrickcanyon.com
See my work and me at these other sites! WOW!
http://fearcomedy.com/ (Comic Book Freelance)
http://derrickcanyon.blogspot.com/ (Sketcheroos)
www.radicalaxis.com (Atlanta Studio)
:eek:

bike2

Started with my next one 2nite, I'm working with new pens. They're great, but they don't run as smooth as they should....I think...Anyway I'll refine the lines a bit tomorrow before I start coloring:

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Lol!

Zombies are the new Monkies Bupaje! It's a proven fact that from the 60's to the 80's any comic featuring a monkey on the cover (say for instance superman with a monkey chasing him or something) sold better that the month's before, with no monkey/gorilla! Now'a days the same goes for Zombies! :)

Thanks Heathen...maybe it's a hygenic monster! LOL!

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

awww

Thanks Zoob! Glad you like it!

Here's what I did 2day:

Here's a closer look:

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Nice!! I really like those last two pics!
Especially the graveyard background colors and coat hangers on top!
And the textured background (i'm not sure if it's the paper you used) adds a sense of static! Love that effect!
The whole pic reminds me of narnia a bit...only much more evil. :D

Zombie Nation

Here's a sneak peak of something I'm busy with:

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Chrome Pegasus

Here's a design I'm busy with for someone...I'm thinking a Chrome Pegasus (Nothing to do with goofy ghost rider!)

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Zombies are the new Monkies Bupaje!

Interesting. I guess prior to monkeys it was blobs -"the blob that ate ______" and all variations thereof. Then monkeys. Almost seems like an evolutionary reflection thing mimicing the rise of humanity from protoplasmic blobs, to primates and then, if we illogically follow, a view of humanities (future?) state as living dead destined to destroy all other living things. :eek:

Sorry, must have been that tamale I ate a few hours ago ....

done

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Wip

Work in progress for a buddy. Not quite finished with the pen work, but I decided to play with this one, and load the images up as I go

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

stuff

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Hey

Thanks Heathen! It's photoshop With wich I added the texture, not the paper! I kinda like this one too, it's just a bit clean, I dunno why!?? Oh well!

Thanks for your comments!

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

final

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

lol!

Uhmmmm blame the tamale!

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

part 2 and 3

thanx duuude!

Here's when I started coloring:

Here's the colors I have in mind for this:

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

soulfire

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

witchblade

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

retirement!

I think with this entry I am retireing my sketchbook on AWN! Maybe not forever, maybe just till I have more time...but until then you can check out my work/updates on my site www.comicwrx.com, but the updates will be more regular on my forum comicwrx.5.forumer.com! I've gotten to know a whole bunch of great people on here, and hope this thread/message is a message to the big names at AWN to be more actively involved on their forum, us regulars might as well be invisible...Constructive crit I hope for all the aspiring and talented artists on this site, cause there's some GREAT talent! All of the best people! Love ya', big up.

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

part 2

finished inks...I realised I need to fix HER left trigger finger, a bit sqew

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

part 2

finished inks...I realised I need to fix HER left trigger finger, a bit sqew

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Im not sick but I'm not well

Since I have like 20comic pages to do in 30days, I won't be able to play around as much as I've been doing up till now...but to prove I haven't dissapeared off the face of the planet, I'll add some concept sketches, panel work, and inking in here as I go in effort to bore all the digital artists out of their skulls!! hahahaha! Anyway.

First story I want to get finished is Damned Carnival, written be me, and it's only 4pages, with only 7panels in total....for good reason. If you're smart and follow the sketches you might figure out why!

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Part 3

Now to start playing with backgrounds..

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Some old non digital stuff

Just inked/pencil/pantone....manual labour! :

[IMG]

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

WOW...looks pretty cool!!
good work mate! :)

Cool!

Thank you very much, but please, feel free to give me some crit if you feel like it! I'll appreciate it (And learn from it)

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Here's a Nightcrawler I did while watching Lost...and French Soc

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

va. va. voom....

My god!... you are very good artist.
I did not know. I saw just now saw these sketches you made.
Wow!. Keep it going... superb. some have superb color too. and the face with expression. Oof! grrrrrrreat!.

Could you do something, some character, that literally threats one from the screen? it would be graet.

Regards and best of best wishes.
lostthread.

Cool man!

Hey,

Thanks a lot! Someone asked me to draw them a Street fighter sketch, so I'll play around with the idea! ;)

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

a Conan I did today!

Richard E. Howard created Conan 69years ago.
Neville E. Howard perfects it 69years later! hehe. I wish:

Geeez? No comments? Anywone? Even the blind squirell in the corner?

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Street Fighter!!

Here's some street fighter characters I did.

Don't ask me their names LOL! I'm a tekken fan personally.

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Gave it pretty colors!

Weeeeh! Pretty colors.

Yeh yeh. Ok I was bored.

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

They are Chun-Li and Vega - Super Nintendo forEVAH!

Haha! Cool.

Yeah, I was told that later by the person requesting it! Hehe.

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Xperimented a little

Not totally happy with these, but I suppose practice makes perfect.
I aim to do a 4page comic in a style similar to this. Comments welcome.

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Flash aaaaaaahhaaaaahhh

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Chakan I did last nite!

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Hey I like the way, that you draw a lot. But sometimes you use a photoshop fx like plaster??? Don't use it, it makes you're image cheap. The style you draw is nice but i have a problem with the outlines you use on that kind of style. Better use sensetive line, you can bring more emotion in you're drawing. You use hard lines and thats cool too, but not for you're style. Also the way you make you're shadows... its to hard. Ome idees are really nice and original some less.

But thats my oppinion, I'm not a guy who's gonna say its nice when there are faults. Hope you appriciate it.

Grts

Thanks dude

Don't worry! That's exactly why I put my stuff up here, I want different opinions and crit, so it's cool. i really appreciate it. Thanks. Regarding what you said. I'm actually experimenting a bit, playing around with thick solid heavy outlines, but it's probably just a phase, and the comics i like which influence me! :D I'll take your comments into consideration. As for photoshop, dude I don't know photoshop at all, so I don't see my errors, I'm still learning! It's not an excuse, I know, I should do it better, and I will! Thanks.

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Man I'm glad you can swollow critics very good. With kinds of comics do you read?

No problem dude

Hey that's not a problem! I take what I can use from Crit, and try and apply it, so it's cool. What comics do I read? 99% of DC/Wildstorm's titles, and a few 'odd' marvel titles like Nextwave, Daughters of the Dragon. But I'm a DC Guy!

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

This is what I've been spending 2.5hours on!

MY Ghost in a Shell

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

cool stuff dude I like it alot!

cart.......:D excuse me while i go and kiss the kids and play with the wife cya!

Thanks!

Thanks dude. I was wondering what Ghost in a Shell would have looked like if Shirow had an off day and asked me to design it! :p

Anyway, here's an Omega Red I did 2nite, which led me to the conclusion. I DRAW TOO MUCH!! I've been on AWN for like a month, with 20posts of sketches! LOL!

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Stuff i did

Stuff I did just now for a company. The one I'm not showing is the one they picked! LOL

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Hey dude I dont know if you know it, but you have to sleep too? You draw to much...;o)

I like the pose of ghost it shell. And you're work for 69 the red one is cool the other looks cheap.

Greets

Some of your stuff is just awesome (some is pretty kinky too). Keep it up!

I'M GOING TO BE A REAL ANIMATOR DADDY

Thanks guys

Hey Paperface! Thanks man! hope you're posting some work soon! I'd like to see it.

Oh yeah Wim, 'Das Pop' a Belguim band is playing at South Africa's biggest music festival on saturday!? you know them??

Anyway, here's a Boba Fett of Starwars,

AWN Forums's cartoony'ness must be rubbing off on me! Look at what I did to poor Ghost rider! :D

Yours Truely
Da' Phreak
Neville Howard.
WWW.Comicwrx.com

Pages