Animation Storyboarding Competition 2007
Win Three Months FREE professional animation training at
the Bristol School of Animation
Bristol School of Animation is pleased to announce its annual storyboarding competition for 2007, in conjunction with Aardman Animations Ltd and support from MEDIA.
We are looking for talented individuals to produce an original and creative storyboard for a TV or film advertisement which could be used to promote the European animation industry to a worldwide market at international film fairs and business conferences. The aim of the advertisement is to increase international circulation of European animation, for film, television and new media industries, emphasising the cultural diversity that Europe has to offer. The competition judges will be looking for skills in the development and communication of a strong concept likely to influence international businesses. A storyboard visually conveys the plot and action of a scene, or shot, or whole film/commercial.
The first prize of this competition is a free place to study either 2D drawn, 3D puppet or 3D CGI (Maya) animation on Bristol School of Animation’s prestigious ‘Three Month Animation Professional Training Course’ (25th June – 7th September 2007). This prize also includes the payment of accommodation costs for the duration of the eleven-week period. There will also be runners-up prizes on offer.
The Three Month Animation Course offers would be animators the chance to gain or enhance their understanding of the core skills and techniques involved in the production of successful character animation. The course also includes training in life drawing and support from local professional animation studios, including Aardman Animations Ltd.
Competition Entry Guidelines
• The deadline for all competition entries is 9th March 2007.
• The competition is open to all UK and EU/EEA residents over 18 years of age.
• Storyboards can be in colour or monochrome. No more than 20 frames in length.
• Storyboards must be completed within the specified format using the template provided (you can make as many copies of the template as you like).
• Please keep copies of your entries as we are unable to return your entry.
• The judges decision is final.
• Application forms and storyboard templates can be downloaded from the Bristol School of Animation pages on our website www.uwe.ac.uk/amd/bristolanimation, or by contacting us on
Tel: +44 (0) 117 328 4810
Address: Storyboarding Competition, Bristol School of Animation,
University of the West of England, Bower Ashton Campus,
Kennel Lodge Road, Bristol, BS3 2JT, UK