Search form

No Entry For Experienced Professional(s)?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
No Entry For Experienced Professional(s)?

Their Is Always Room For good Talent In The Animation World. However, Has The Industry Been Too Much Saturated or vice versa?

One thing more everyday I listen in news that animation industry is growing in India and a huge number of animators project coordinators, supervisors etc…. are required. If this is true then why I am not getting a single job.

I Have Done Lot Of Introspection Over 3+ Years And Seen The Quality Of The Talent Competing For The Same Job (S) In Home Country .I don’t Know Why I am Not Getting A Better Job, Even though Companies Appreciate projects I have worked on (which includes two Oscar nominated animation features) desire and talent and even they will send me offer letter(s) (after all sort of interviews) then rest is history…when contacted no proper response from company(s) side

1.What’s Wrong With The Industry, Has growth In This Field Has Levelled Off In The Past Few Years Due To The Increased Number Of Trained Applicants In The Job Market And The Limited Amount Of Production
Companies Focused On This Industry?

2.Is This The Same Scenario In Other Parts Of The World?

3.What’s The Better Way To Approach The Studios?

4.is this industry not for experienced Professional(s)?

I Have Enriched My Experience, My Attitude Towards Animation Production, My Values System, And My Very Existence My passion Creative Ability And Technical Competencies And Relentless Pursuit For Higher Standard Have Helped Me To Take Many New Challenges Every Day Over A Decade.

Let me know. Please post on this thread

I live in the states, so I can't explain what's going on there for you. If I were in your shoes, I'd first try to determine whether this is about the industry there or something going wrong between you and those companies, i.e. whether it's about you.

In a different occupation, I once interviewed for a position and didn't get it. Then, a couple weeks after, I called the person I interviewed with for some candid feedback, so I could learn about myself. I asked what they liked about me and where I could improve. It was very educational and I felt better about the situation because I learned from it. In this case, they felt my experience in that field wasn't recent enough.

So, I'd suggest contacting those you interviewed with or those who wrote job offers, in a non-judgmental manner, and explain its for the purpose of self-improvement. Now, maybe they all loved you and there really is something weird going on in the industry there. But at least you could then rule out that they are discovering something they don't like about you.

Also, are you researching these companies before interviewing with them? Are they established or brand new? How long have they existed? Are they successful companies? How are they funded? Where does the money come from to pay their employees? Are they a startup company with no track record and therefore riskier for employment? You may be better off not working for one or more of these companies.

Hope that helps,

- Tom

----- AnimationMentor.com Graduate -----
"Learning to animate anywhere in the
world from the world's best animators."
Pixar, ILM, Disney, Dreamworks & more.
---------------------------------------------

i have let go of two projects in the last 2 days simply because i dont have the people to fulfill the commitments which are on a SUPER tight deadline.

i cant find the talent here. everyone migrates to the best paying positions as i have found out recently. the best way now is to get people by training them. the chances of making a studio out of scratch is painful.