Search form

New Book: "Your Career in Animation"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
New Book: "Your Career in Animation"

Here's a new book that recently came out: Your Career in Animation: How to Survive And Thrive.

I find the book very informative and insightful, especially the comments from other animators. It'll be a good addition to any animator's book shelf.

Sharvonique Studios
www.sharvonique.com

Animated By Sharvonique Blog
http://sharvonique.animationblogspot.com

AWN Showcase Gallery

Awesome!
Now I don't have to write a dang book.......:D

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

Awesome!
Now I don't have to write a dang book.......:D

AWWW!

You got off easy, Ken!

Apparently, it was a good idea!

Follow @chaostoon on Twitter!

Well I can't not order this book. But I tend to suspect that Ken's thread on the topic might be a little more unflinching. A book with an Upton Sinclair approach could still sell. I would suggest an alternate title like, "Animation: The Shocking Facts Behind North America's Dirtiest Secret!!"

And maybe goose it up a little, and describe the galley slave situations, with drums beating rhythmically and burly guys walking back and forth with whips in the dim, sweatty little animation studios, just hoping some one's frame rate drops below par. You know, an unflinching expose of the industry.

And maybe goose it up a little, and describe the galley slave situations, with drums beating rhythmically and burly guys walking back and forth with whips in the dim, sweatty little animation studios, just hoping some one's frame rate drops below par. You know, an unflinching expose of the industry.

My God.................I have done that..............I have done that in class with students pressed for deadlines.......!!!

( I'm gonna go step into the closet now, bringing a key with me.......I'll be a while.......its safer this way..........)

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

Well I'm interested in finding out how people "worked with me or worked around me " since I was one ogf those bosses ? MMm, I was one of those people who said "Ok, you don't want to do what I ask, I'll do it for you and I did ". Pretty simple equation. Be interesting to see the book but I'm leary of books that are based on business connections since that part of the business is like liquid mercury, ever changing. Art stays the same but business ? Mmmmmm.

I wouldn't say that the book is necessarily based on business connections.... I would say it's based more on "people" connections.

That would be an interesting read. Ken, maybe you should write that book after all!

Sharvonique Studios
www.sharvonique.com

Animated By Sharvonique Blog
http://sharvonique.animationblogspot.com

AWN Showcase Gallery