Search form

Need software suggest. for unique kind of movie

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Need software suggest. for unique kind of movie

Hi, this is my first time posting here. I'm creating a video right now using pictures of real places and people cut out and and set in motion. i'm currently editing it using Vegas.. What i do first is cut out real life pics of people and make their own separte body movements, then finally convert the separate frames to GIF so its transparent so i can move them around on a background.

My problem is that the process for creating one frame takes to long. Just cuting and pasting isn't doing it for me anymore and will take me forever.

My question is, do you know of a kind of software to use that will allow me to make stickman grids that i can put certain body parts onto like a magnet so that i can move it a little, save a pic of that frame, then allow me to move it a little more, save a pic of that frame etc? Think of it as having preset character models that i can load up and move around the way i wish. yeah i know this may sound confusing. this picture link will show a head on a body moving forward and backward. maybe that will give u a better idea of how i wish i could create character models that are preset and moveable themselves.

**NOTE : This is a corrected link I wished i had posted in the first place regarding the animation i create manually using photo shop and sony vegas

http://media.putfile.com/cut-outs-in-motion

Thanks for your time

Can you explain what the heck your links have to do with your post?

You hit farmer. You almost seemed sincere.

Cartoon Thunder
There's a little biker in all of us...

I am sincere. I have trouble explaining it. u know how animators use multiple frames for each image to create an animation? well, i'm looking for software that will allow me to build my own character models that can be easily changes between frames so as to save time from cuting and pasting over and over again.. Does that help?

In the images i have posted the head is tilted forward in one and tilted back in the other. i was just trying to help give a better idea of the animation i will be doing using real life cut outs.

I think that the doubts about your sincerity have to do with your links. The first thing that loads are topless women and adult friend finder links. You might want to consider a diffrent image hosting service. Here are a fiew.

imageshack.us
photobucket.com

Also your point would have made more sence if you made an animation of the images instead of posting two of them.

Back to your question. With Adobe After Effects you can make movie clips and move them around seperately.

Ahh, sorry about the image hosting file u saw when u clicked on the links. and thanks about the suggestion for adobe after effects.

this is a link that will show the cut outs i have made in motion to help illustrate what i'm saying i need tools to help accomplish. is adobe affter effects the ONLY one that will allow me to build character models that have presets?

http://media.putfile.com/cut-outs-in-motion

Flash and Moho as well as Toonboom can do what you want. Jib Jab, the guys who animated that "This land is your land" short us Flash for their cut out style animation.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

yo, thanks alot. after reviewing moho it looks like it will work fine for me..

I dunno if this is exactly what you're looking for but I did this cut out animation in Moho (mentioned above):

http://www.freewebs.com/jtn1989/billclintongorilla.htm

James :cool:

You can also use a video editor

To control what you seem to have, which is a set of pictures that you want to place in a layered space - toon boom would work well for creating a 3D space out of 2D objects.

To complete what you want, I would probably also use Final Cut Pro, or if you are not lucky enough to be using a Macintosh, something like After effects. You can create key frames, then animate your cutouts over the x, y, and z planes. Pretty easily.

Good luck,
nightstand

Yeah i find moho easy to use as well as toon boom. i wish i would of discovered them earlier because my old cut and paste techniques took way too long ya know? thanks.

oh and Spooze? i've checked out your clips and they are similar to what i'm trying to be doing. i like your vids.