Digital Visual Effects Supervisor
Keystone Pictures (www.Keypics.com) is looking for an experienced Digital Visual Effects Supervisor to establish and lead our new in-house VFX department.
The first project will be a family feature for a US studio with an estimated 400 talking-animals shots. Timeline to completion including R&D phase is 10 months. Candidates will work closely with the creative team at our post production facility in Vancouver. This project will be shot on 35mm film with 3D mouth elements composited onto live action plates of animal action.
The leader’s main responsibilities will be:
• Recruit a team of 3 to 5 experienced keys and 15 to 20 intermediate and junior VFX staff.
• Determine (with assistance from the in-house IT specialist) hardware and software needs for the department.
• With key leads, establish a process pipeline to enable the shots to be completed efficiently.
• Effectively manage in-house VFX staff to ensure shots are completed on a timely basis, on budget and to the necessary level of quality.
• Liaise with the film VFX Supervisor and Director to ensure creative vision is achieved.
• Create a tracking system for easy progress viewing of creative, scheduling, and budget performance
• Enable new efficiencies by working closely with creative and managerial teams in production and post production departments to streamline operation
• Succeed at motivation and leadership of a large team
• At least 5 years experience in a digital visual effects and/or producer position, ideally setting up VFX departments and pipelines from scratch
• Managerial experience working with teams of 25 or more
• An undergraduate degree or similar certification
• Comfortable with delivering ambitious creative requests while maintaining strict budget and schedule performance
• In-depth knowledge of the major hardware & software/plugin solutions used in a VFX pipeline of this kind.
This position will be located in Vancouver, B.C., and is for an initial 1-year contract.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Digital Visual Effects Supervisor” as the subject heading. No phone calls please.