Search form

Dropped w/out explanation?!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dropped w/out explanation?!

After pitching my project to numerous production companies around town, there was a verbal agreement for a 6 month option w WorldWide Biggies. After waiting a good 5 weeks for paperwork, my manager began calling and finally got a hold of them. "Our laywers are putting together paperwork for you". 1 month later, they aren't returning phone calls or emails. The last email sent we said please let us know if you're still interested, if not, please let us know that also so we can move forward. Still no return phone calls or even repsonse to our emails....What the F***?! Is it so difficult to simply say they're not interested? They've been given every chance.

-Confused

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

I remember your 1st post and it was very encouraging. I'm not sure what the norm is, but I would keep looking if you don't have anything signed. I understand that pitching and optioning properties can be a very lengthy and grueling process, but without a contract in hand, you may be wasting your time.

Unfortunately, another danger to look out for when pitching is good feedback that leads nowhere. They may have shown support for your project initially, but it turns out to be all talk in the end without any action to back it up.

It may seem discouraging now, but don't let this setback stop you. Take this time to polish your project even more for your next pitch. It'll help you turn your frustration and confusion into something more productive and positive. :)

Sharvonique Studios
www.sharvonique.com

Animated By Sharvonique Blog
http://sharvonique.animationblogspot.com

AWN Showcase Gallery

Thanks sharv

Not giving up, just venting. I'll definitely keep working on it, thanks!

Going into pitch this wednesday May 22nd through June 8th for a total of 17 pitches on my new project. I got some great advice from my boss at South Park to begin working on something new when I began pitching my last one...good thing i did that or I'd be shooting people from a tower to "release" stress.

-me

ShNick, same situation here. i made a few pitches for my project and people liked it too. One of them wanted the whole thing done in 4 months which was ridiculous.

sometimes i wonder if the people in charge of broadcasting or film have a clue at all :confused:

Going into pitch this wednesday May 22nd through June 8th for a total of 17 pitches on my new project. I got some great advice from my boss at South Park to begin working on something new when I began pitching my last one...

That is excellent advice! Good to see you're still in the game. Let us know how the pitching turns out.

Hey ShNick,

really sorry to hear ....i am in the same boat a client commisioned a short movie ....i created the script...(involved a lot of research...) they loved it made me create the concept art and scripts for a whole series...6 months,5b meetings,5 presentations had to travell for each...finally when i put in the bills they changed thier mind!!!!!!!!!! ....i managed getting a rejection charge though cos one of the main guys was a nice chap....but got real fed up ...its an occupational hazard i guess..its at times like these that i wish i had chosen to be a fire-eater, a kamikazi bomber or something!...:)

That's horrible, Palette! It may help you in the future to get paid in stages instead of all at the end. The stages could be determined by length of time or by milestones of work completed, or a combination of both.

You should probably also get your client to sign-off on work you've done before moving forward to the next phase. That way you can show that the work was approved to anyone who wants to change their mind and try not to pay you. I always think that if you did the work and put in the time, that you should always get paid. At least you collected a termination fee.

:D now my bum is slowly becoming comfortably numb....:(

That's quite an image! :eek:

Sharvonique Studios
www.sharvonique.com

Animated By Sharvonique Blog
http://sharvonique.animationblogspot.com

AWN Showcase Gallery