Search form

Spoiled Brat

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spoiled Brat

Hey guys. I just finished my first assignment for AnimationMentor's Intro to Acting Class. What do you think?

Spoiled Brat

I think the character should hold his sad pose where he looks down longer, but my mentor enforced our 250 frame limit. He said it was fine, so I guess it's alright.

MightyMew1's picture
"Animation isn't about how well you draw, but how much to believe." -Glen Keane

Nice work, 250 frames. I remember you showing this some weeks ago as a work in progress. So how many frames are you averaging per 7 day work week?

Is there anyway of seeing a syllabus, I would like to see how the classes are structured and what resources they give you.

I just thought of another question, even tho you are limited to 250 frames for this assignment why not produce more frames? Make the scene as you wont it then cut out the extra frames, if there are any. On this assignment, were you limited to one shot setting?

Thanks Wontobe.

I have no clue what my frame average was. o_O I know that during the week I worked on it between classes. I know that on my second week of refining I animated from the beginning up to the taking the top off the box part (excludng the multiple arms part). Everything else was done this/last week. I dont really count my first week of refining because everything I did then I redid during the second week.

I can't show you the syllabus but I think I can tell you about the classes. For this assignment we were given one week for blocking, two for refining, and one for polishing. As far as resources go, they give us a rig to use if we're doing 3d. During the lectures we analyze video clips from animation and live action.

We aren't limited to the 250 frames. All of our assignments are given frame limits but very few people adhear to them. My mentor made us follow them because thats what we'd have to do in a studio anyway. I couldn't have done more than the 250 because of time restraints (SCAD hmwk and all).

Yeah, on this assignment we were only supposed to animate one shot. We dont animate anything with more than one shot until class four (Advanced Acting).