Search form

Theme Options: Color palettes

By cdevroe | Monday, April 24, 2006 at 9:53am

One thing Greg and I discussed last week was the "myspace effect", which was the fact that we're giving AWN blogspot users the ability to change so many colors that they might up making something ugly.

After discussing it with Greg, Mike and I talked about what our possibilities were, and we came up with the following.

This situation is an all or nothing situation. We either give them free reign, as we have it now, or we slim down these themes into sub themes.

For example, Sub Zero Solar Flare (one of the 3 themes) now has 9 or so header colors. If we gave them the ability to change the color of the header, we could automatically select the best possible colors for them based on that header color. Effectively giving them 9 sub themes of that 1 main theme.

If this could be done for all 3 themes (or something similar) we could end up having 24 or more themes based off the original 3 that were well designed, and end up eliminating the possibility of the "myspace effect".

We feel that either option would be fine, and leave it in your hands to come up with what you'd like done. Please let us know.

Greg's picture
Submitted by Greg on

Hi, Colin.

I spoke with Dan about this, and we are going to hold off, for now, on the template theme color constraints. Thanks.

cdevroe's picture
Submitted by cdevroe on

Ok. I will finish up the banner options then. So that they are all buttoned up and complete.