Search form

Painting software/Importing into Flash??

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Painting software/Importing into Flash??

Hey guys I was wonderin are there any good programs for vector painting that can import swf into Flash? I've tried illustrator but it doesn't really feel natural with a wacom tablet. I didn't try illustrator for that long but i remember it being kind of difficult. I really enjoy painting in corelpaint, and are there any vector programs like this that are compatible with flash?? Thx

If you can't get vector programs to paint the background the way that you want you can import jpegs into flash.

Vector Program

Yeah I enjoy drawing in Flash, and I'll do all my characters and their movements in flash but for backgrounds and settings I wanted to do paintings to get a more elaborate look. As far as I know Flash can't emulate real paintings.

DSB- yes I'm lookin for a vector program that acts like raster.

I'll check out this link you posted bluehickey, thx.

When you mention that you need a vector program that paints like raster, illustrator is the answer

But if you want to paint like raster, believe me flash is not gonna like this :D

Well you never know flash may fall in love with illustrator, since its been some time now that their parents married ;)

http://www.3danimationtrainingstudio.com I still have not told my story! - Vineet Raj Kapoor

Yeah I use Painter, it rocks. So I just discovered Microsoft's Expression(used to be Creative house expression) which is supposed to be like Painter only you can paint in vector. Anyone heard of it?
Here's the link http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/default.mspx

Yeah, I downloaded it last year and played with it for a little while, but my computer crashed and I had to do a fresh install of windows and never reinstalled it. Guess I'll have to do that. I was pretty impressed with it overall.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

please help

hey guys can you please help me.:confused:
i made a banner and it is in the swf format and i want to import it to flash 8.And when i try to import it, it imports soething but just like a blank screen. Can you please hlp me.
thanks

Why not paint directly in Flash?

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Corel Paint's like Photoshop, right? It's a raster graphics program. Illustrator's vector-based (as is Flash). They're two different animals.

Are you looking for a vector program that behaves like a raster program?

I agree with "Ape", just draw directly into flash. Yes, here is a shameless plug for one of my tutorials. I've put this tutorial together to show people how you can get some great looking lines using a Wacom tablet with Flash:

Drawing with the Brush Tool Video Tutorial

Flash Character Packs, Video Tutorials and more: www.CartoonSolutions.com

I love painting and drawing directly in Toon Boom, which can be imported into Flash.

Flash has better smoothing on the brush, but Toon Boom has a rotating drawing disc that's pretty awesome.

And the aforementioned tutorial is excellent for either package. I've bought three tutorials and gotten a couple of free ones from Cartoon Solutions and am happy to say they helped a lot!

Cartoon Thunder
There's a little biker in all of us...

Yeah I enjoy drawing in Flash, and I'll do all my characters and their movements in flash but for backgrounds and settings I wanted to do paintings to get a more elaborate look. As far as I know Flash can't emulate real paintings.

DSB- yes I'm lookin for a vector program that acts like raster.

I'll check out this link you posted bluehickey, thx.

Corel PhotoPaint is the alternative too Photoshop, I think he's talking about Painter, which Corel purchased. It's a great program. I am not sure, but with most Corel products you can export as swf, maybe try that.

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.