Search form

demo reel 2006 by bossmonkey

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
demo reel 2006 by bossmonkey

I've posted most of the clips in this demo reel here before, but here's the updated demo reel I'm turning in to pixar next week
critique?

also, do I need to credit the music in my demo reel?

http://studentpages.scad.edu/~krjain20/Comp%201.mov

good stuff:)

That monkey boy and the perspective tree hopping hill rising turn of the camera...WOW! Clearly the strongest stuff in the reel. I always thought pixar was looking for traditional animators FIRST then 3d Stuff second. Somebody help me out on that?

I mention that because your 2d stuff is sooooo much stronger than your 3d. I guess it may be nice to show 3d animation competency which you clearly show....what I don't see happening in the 3d stuff is the same animation liveliness and treatment of acting, physics, and kinetics that I see in the 2d stuff and that may be a detriment. Also, I'm not exactly clear on what's happening when the boy and dog run at each other and he hops way up in the air coming down to...I can't tell if it's pet the dog or hammer smash him. Not a big deal though. The idea you set up in the perspective is right on and that idea sells really well:)

what do I know. i'm not working for pixar. It's hard out there for a pimp.
Good Luck!

thanks for the reply :)
yeah I was questioning whether or not to leave the 3d stuff in, but I decided why not... I like the little exchange between the bully ball and the other two (meaning I like it for the story rather than the animation), and then the beanbag shows at least a rough understanding of how to use a rig.

and it's a hammer smash... it's a fight to the death :D