Search form

University of Advancing Technology

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
University of Advancing Technology

I've decided to go with UAT's online bachelor program for computer animation and wanted to know if anyone had gone through their program or knew anything about it. I've been looking into the school for years now and very interested in their courses. The school slightly beat out the Academy of Art University beacuse their program is about a year shorter and costs less. Does anyone else have any input?

Brian

Which program are you going into Weekly?

Mahalo,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Digital Animation. They have a 3 year BFA in 3d animation program.

I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place, http://www.uat.edu/multimedia/digitalAnimation/subpages/courses/ but I only see to see two animation classes. Maybe the have different levels, like Maya Animation I, II and III. I'm not trying to discourage you, I was just taking a look at the school's website since I've never heard of that school before. Where ever you decide to go, just get as much out of the program, I mean school not computer program, as you can. Good luck.

Aloha,
the Ape

http://uat.edu/UATOnline/Degrees/DigitalAnimationProduction/

This is the page I was going off of, but it has the same basic information that you found. I'm not sure if they have multiple levels in each course (the I, II or III you mentioned) or the length of each course, but I do know you're able to make up new classes as long as a number of students ask for it, so there's a chance I could have an advanced class to go to.

Thanks for the support, Ape, I haven't been on these boards long, but I can tell you're one of the people to really pay attention to and appreciate advice from.

Brian

I don't know anything about this school. The curriculum reminds me of an animation program that I went through. What kind of job will you seek when you graduate from this program? What kind of company do you want to work for?

- Tom

----- AnimationMentor.com Graduate -----
"Learning to animate anywhere in the
world from the world's best animators."
Pixar, ILM, Disney, Dreamworks & more.
---------------------------------------------

Truth be told, I'm hoping to be able to produce internet cartoons by myself. With the Air Force paying for it and it being something I've wanted to learn for a long time, it feels like what I should be doing. I wouldn't mind getting a job at one of the big animation studios upon graduation, but if I have to go back onto my old experience (airraft mainenance) for a real job while I just animate as a hobby, I'm fine with that.

Thats cool weekly. It sounds like you have a really good grasp on reality. By this I mean, having a fall back job while you persue your dream. I hope this program works out well for you. Also remember, that if you ever think of moving to LA or NY or something, they have plenty of airplanes to fix there too. :D

Aloha,
the Ape