Search form

Does this company still exist?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does this company still exist?

Hello, kinda new here...but not really. I've reintroduced myself to these boards because I have a question (haven't visited in a couple years).

Amblin Entertainment.......does it still exist?

I've checked the AWN company list, the Animation Industry Directory for 1999 - 2000, the MPSC839 web-site....I've even Googled it and I can't find jack about this company. Does anyone have concrete information as to whether they still exist or not...and if not....who wound up with their portion of the rights to Roger Rabbit. I believe I read that Universal had bought Amblin and sucked it into it's being, but I'm not 100% sure of this.

Anyone know the answer?

from what i recall Amblin was a studio and they had a distribution deal with Universal.

the rights unless sold would lie either with

Amblin Entertainment
Silver Screen Partners III
Touchstone Pictures.

or a combination of the three.

Amblin still exists as Steven Spielberg's entertainment company. It's always been his, and it always will be. For a while, part of it was "Amblimation" which did things like An American Tail, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Land Before Time, An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, etc. You can get a whole list of everything they've done (animation and live-action) at:

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0009119/

Their last animated film was Balto, and then that division turned into DreamWorks Animation.