Search form

Annecy 2006 - Any AWNers?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Annecy 2006 - Any AWNers?

Hi there,

Ok, I'm early, buuuuuut....
I'm very excited, 'cause it'll be my first Annecy festival!!!!!!
I'm looking forward to it soooooooo much and I can imagine that some of you will be there, too!

If anyone is, why don't meet?? Would be fun to get to know you in "reality"! :)

Many Greetz

Hello

Hello,

You will have a great time. To me, it's the best one going...I was there last year- I may be there this year- especially if my film is selected.

Lok for Bill Plympton and company to do another "Annecy Plus"- a renegade screening of shorts not shown in the competition.

Have fun...it is easy to do...

Thanks.

If everything works out I should be there, I should actually get busy. It's a good idea to book your tickets online. The competition blocks fill up pretty quick. It would be cool to meet up with other Forum members, I tried to get a picnic going last year but it didn't work out. I would suggest a meeting in the first couple days in the festival as people tend to get busy later on in the week.

It'll be great though, and I'm looking forward to seeing some people that I've met there the last couple years. It's a nice break and pretty inspiring as well

Many AWNers will be there

I'll be there, Sarah Baisley, our Editor in Chief as well as Ron Diamond, our pres. Great event - I go every year since 1997. I know, it's a tough gig...

Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.

I'm IN!

Hello there!

I'll be at Annecy 2006 too.. my diploma film "One At A Time" is in competition :)

I'm so excited...and I'd be glad to meet someone from this forum..

I'm going to Annecy too!

Is anyone submitting their animation WIP to the NPAR poster category?

We should stay in contact until we meet there!

Peter Wilstermann ¦ The Yellow House Project
www.peterwilster.com

Those conventions are so expensive...:(

"Animation isn't about how well you draw, but how much to believe." -Glen Keane

yipee yes I'm off to Annecy too. My film's in competition. I can't wait!

Hey together.

I'm looking forward to Annecy and just confirmed my screenings.
So, what about a little AWN meeting? Any suggestions?

Greetz

BTW: I'm accepted at the Filmakademie and I'm going to be an animation student this fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

This just reminded me that I have to book my tickets in the next 2 days.
I think an AWN forum lunch on the lake would be good, Earlier in the week would be nice. Are all of you going to be there on Monday?

I'm going to watch the "Wallace and Gromit" screening at 6 pm, but monday would be cool in the afternoon. I've never been to annecy before, but i'm sure that there is a place that even I will be able to find ...??

Ok I obviously missed something? And as embarrasing as it is, I have to ask for more info on the awards or maybe a link to info page on them.

They set up a stage in a park next to the main theater that would be easy for people to find. Is anyone else interested?
I'm sure there are more than 2 of us going to Annecy. If people aren't showing up on Monday later in the week would be fine as well.

I Wish

Hello,

Am I jealous...you bet...but I will be there next year! Have a great time at the worlld's best (my opinion) animation festival

I saw the line up...I love Bruno Bozetto's films and I will greatly miss his retrospective....

Thanks...have fun.

If you find your way to the old market area...there is this GREAT boulangerie on a corner- just before you go through a stone arch...
a great cafe!

I wish I would have had a finished copy of my film for the Annevy Plus.

Find Bill Plympton and tell him I said "hi".

Thanks.

That's great! It's a terrific college..you should be very proud. I've taught there on and off and the students are the best. Congratulations for beoing accepted there. You must be special.

Hey together.

I'm looking forward to Annecy and just confirmed my screenings.
So, what about a little AWN meeting? Any suggestions?

Greetz

BTW: I'm accepted at the Filmakademie and I'm going to be an animation student this fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Yeah, thank you digger. This school has always been my favorite; their students create unbelievable things. Can't believe it, that I'm accepted and I'm the happiest person all over the world now!
Do you still teach there??? Would be great!!!!!! What do you teach? Traditional Animation?
What's the name of your film in competition (Annecy)? I'd really like to see it!!!

Greetz

Well, i'm taking off tommorow already for Annecy. It's gonna be great!

Larry, I'v talked with Plymton the last couple of years there so if I see him I'll pass on your greeting.

Anyone else that's going to be there, I think we should meet at the stage in the park(it's impossible to miss) on Monday at 1:15, It would be cool to meet on monday and then see each other around during the week.