Search form

My month of Pitching

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
My month of Pitching

Well, it's over. I've spent the last month pitching my animation series idea to EVERY production company in town. The idea was to have my manager set up pitches with only production companies, then see if any of them would bite, and help develop the project to take into studios.

I'm happy to say that I've just optioned the series for 6 months. So, in that 6 months, we'll figure out our next move which will more than likely be making a 5 minute short to bring into the studios in hopes of making it a legitimate series.

Over this past month it seems that every place I went into wanted to know mainly about the main character. Okay...that's a no brainer, however, one of the best pitch sessions I had was with a place that passed yet asked the best questions. I think my favorite question was - "If you took your main character out of this world you've created, would he still be interesting?" For example, Cartman from South Park, is a character that you can put anywhere and still be interested in what he's going to do next. That made me think about my main character and retool a few things here and there.

Hopefully this helps.

-me

Awsome!

That is so cool, you my friend will succeed, I mean, how could you not?
You're motivated, got a great concept I'm sure and have the aptitude.

:rolleyes: Reminds me of my 'jolt in the industry' that's after I....ur....quit. :o What? the same way you have an agent, I have one too and her advice was to not take any more crap from my studio.
Any way, I only sent my concept to the studios that I did research on and those reccomended by my agent (3) for that matter, and I nailed it in my 3rd meet.

The producers asked me THE hardest questions, I mean really hard-- and what makes it worse, is the fact that they tried to fluster me, check this out.

1st producer: "What would you say is the driving force behind your concept--"

2nd producer: "And what makes it suitable for our company, in this event, what will distinguish it from all others in it's catigory?

And that was just the half of it (those meanies) but I understood their reason, you see, it was my age they were concerned about, and the capabilities which comes with it.
Fortunately, I was trained on the various ethics of an interview and this was an aspect our teacher stressed on-- the dreaded, confuse and confound maneavour.

I think you'll do great, I mean, If I can do it, so can you.
All you have to do, is when you walk into that room, act like you own the place, they love people with a commanding presence--but, don't over do it, especially to the managing director:eek: that's just suicide.

You'll make it, I know you will, just believe.

He who seeks the truth, must first empty his heart of a false pursuit.

Diemeras Dark Angel

Thanks for sharing!