Search form

Mainframe

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mainframe

What does everyone think of the CGI studio Mainframe? I first saw their work with Reboot and Beast Wars, but nowadays, I'm not sure what they do. I loved their animation in Beast Machines and I thought they did a good job with Spider-man on MTV.

Their latest work is "Stuart Little 3" which imho is some of the worst animation I've seen in a while. I also don't like the animation in the Ultimate Spider Man series. The cell-shading in both SL3 and US is hard to look at imo.

They also did the Barbie features which move too robotically for my tastes...

I don't remember much of Beast Wars or Reboot so I can't comment on them.

James :cool:

I really liked their spiderman and (I'm alone on this:) their Popeye. There were instances of brilliant animation in Weird-Ohs and the Santa Claus Brothers.
But the rest of the stuff is generally crap IMHO.

Their latest work is "Stuart Little 3" which imho is some of the worst animation I've seen in a while. I also don't like the animation in the Ultimate Spider Man series. The cell-shading in both SL3 and US is hard to look at imo.

They also did the Barbie features which move too robotically for my tastes...

I don't remember much of Beast Wars or Reboot so I can't comment on them.

James :cool:

I was shocked when I saw the trailer for "Stuart Little 3" and not in a good way. The cel shading looks good, for a still frame, but in their animation it was just bad. The other two "Stuart Little" movie had such a high standard for the animation, this one is just sad.:(