Search form

Final Project

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Final Project

Hey everyone. I thought I'd share my final for animation class with you guys. If I had more time I'd give it a proper ending, and change a few things. I guess what I have right now it alright. Here's the link:

Animation Final

The story goes like this:
A thief comes into a museum and tries to steal a rare object. Upon placing it on his platform, the object hatches. The creature inside thinks the thief is its mother since he the first thing the creature saw. The thief didn't know that his rare object was actually an egg. He's angry that the object is broken and takes it out on the creature.

Assignment requirements:
A character enters the scene and lifts a 125lb ball onto a 6ft shelf. Then he and the ball have a relationship.

MightyMew1's picture
"Animation isn't about how well you draw, but how much to believe." -Glen Keane

This is fantastic, just the thing I want to try myself.

Your timing and movent looks terrific to me and even though it's a pencil test I must say the line work is superb. Even at this stage it shows an easily recognisable style.

May I ask the boring old question of how long did this take to do?

Hey Outerspace, I'm very glad that you like it! I spent a grand total of 49.5 hours animating from Monday (the 6th) to Saturday (the 11th). I didn't sleep very much last week, lol. I worked on my thumbnails for two weeks prior to last week. If I hadn't spent that much time on thumbnails, then the animation process would have been much harder and would have gone much slower. Remember that for once you get started with your own animation.:D

Looks good Mew. Huge improvement over your last shot you showed. One main thing that stuck out in my mind is the weight of the ball. You are selling the weight great with the lift and body position and the force pulling on the arms, but it looses weight when he starts walking. They should be short quicksteps so he keeps his feet under the weight. Or if they're big steps like you have, he should squash down more and take longer to come back up. Thats the main thing, but like I said, huge improvemnt over your last assignment from that motion studies (?) class.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Lol, thanks AnimatedApe, I agree! My motion studies work was garbage, and I'm sure I'll be calling my animation I work garbage as well. I agree about the walk. I was unsure of how to do it properly. I wont be able to change it, (I turned the assignment in today and tomorow is the last day of school) but I'll remember your advice for the future. Thanks! :D