Search form

2D animation technique... advice requested.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
2D animation technique... advice requested.

I am trying to find the best method of animating a skyward camera turn in 2D. I had intended to do this part of my project in 3D but it came out looking very poor and so I now wish to do this in 2D. As I have never had to do this in 2D, I don't know exactly how to go about it as I want to simulate reality. Please help me out here... any little instruction will help.

Draw one piece of art with a forced perspective and tilt the camera up it.

Your start position is normal/straight perspective, the artwork outside of the original field is off perspective so when you move over it, it looks like your going 3D and when you land on your final position it's your natural perspective again.

You can also add foreground elements and move them at different rates to simulate space.

Draw one piece of art with a forced perspective and tilt the camera up it.

Your start position is normal/straight perspective, the artwork outside of the original field is off perspective so when you move over it, it looks like your going 3D and when you land on your final position it's your natural perspective again.

You can also add foreground elements and move them at different rates to simulate space.

This is great, now if only I can remember this trick when I have need of something like this. There is a need for a "Pot Of Gold" thread so that stuff like this can be keeped in one place.

I figured as much... thank you.