Search form

Animation Camp for Adults??

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Animation Camp for Adults??

Hi All,

It's been a while...

Does anyone know of a 2-3 week 2D animation program for adults? I'm not looking to learn any specific software although I work with Flash. I'm basically looking for an intensive program to teach classical, hand drawn animation. Either in the US or Canada is fine.

Thanks. :)

Thanks for the link, rupertpiston. It looks very posh but I'm afraid $800 for two days is out of my price range. I haven't worked my way far enough up the food chain yet! :o

yeah, I know what you mean. I only went because my school was willing to send me. I'd wanted to go there for a few years and was excited to go. Nice folks, nice facility, and amazing meals.

Cartoon Thunder
There's a little biker in all of us...

yeah, I know what you mean. I only went because my school was willing to send me. I'd wanted to go there for a few years and was excited to go. Nice folks, nice facility, and amazing meals.

Yeah, but did you learn how to animate!? :D Just kidding. ;)

Ciao.

When I posted this link, one person liked it and nobody beat me up.

Looks like 4-6 weeks, except all the instruction time is packed into a day or two instead of spread over the actual week:

http://sotostudio.com/classes.html

Well, there's always the Disney Institute... Our own Larry used to be the head of animation there. Its not what it used to be, I'm sure.

http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/dwm/disneydiff/detail?name=DisneyInstituteDetailPage

Follow @chaostoon on Twitter!

Also check out www.lightfootltd.com

I'm not sure what different programs he's got going on now, but I got a weekend training a couple of years ago that was terrific and individualized. Good food, too...

Well worth talking to him and seeing what he can offer.

Cartoon Thunder

I should note that the website is primarily aimed at educators who want to set up an animation programs at their schools. I got the impression, however, that he has worked with a few individuals who were simply looking to get started animating.

Cartoon Thunder

Forget about the Disney Institute. It's not only not what it used to be, it's not anything anymore that has anything to do with animation. Sad, but true...

Soto Looks Good

Thanks for the input folks.

Scattered - Your link looks promising and Pasadena isn't so far from me, relatively speaking. I'm in Las Vegas now. And the prices look reasonable as well. Thanks! :)

Sorry to hear about the demise of the Disney Institute - is nothing sacred! :rolleyes:

Thanks again and Happy Thursday. :p

(i likes the imoticons):D

Ah... the Institute

The Disney Institute was a great idea in the wrong place run by the wrong people.

It opened Feb 9th- 1996 and closed officially, Feb 8th 2002 ( I hear by then it was shell anyhow).

I once made a joke at a meeting..."What was the difference between the Institute and the Titanic....

....the Titanic had a band!"

Orinally the Tute was suppose to be in Aspen or even located at Disney's town ...Celebration. But, alas, they built it at an old Disney resort which had a mix of old worn out accomadations and brand new facilities.

That said, I still run into folks who went through the animation programs- several have been students of mine in college.

We taught whoever came in the door- rank amateur or pro (and we taught a fair amount of pros).

Thanks.