Search form

My (first) Animated Short

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
My (first) Animated Short

If anyone is interested, I have uploaded my first animated short.

I would really welcome any feedback, especially from the people who use this forum. As its my first short and I'm trying to get a break, I really would appreciate any advice/comments. Careers!!

I hope you enjoy the film.

Http://www.runnysugar.com/heydiddlediddle

P.S theres some extra info on the minisite.

Thanks

Stuart Bradbury

Stuart, I think it was great. Nice look to it and great story. I loved the narration. Great work. I just can't believe it's your first?! :eek:

great

It really did that classic justice, I'll never think about that song the same again

I'm not a big fan of symbol flash. But I love the character designs and the way you told the story. Enter this thing into as many film festivals as you can. You're bound to win something. :cool:

(Oh, and incidently, click my signature to view a film I made. You can give me some feedback too if you wish.)

Order my book Jesus Needs Help on Amazon or download on Kindle.

You can also read the first 18 pages of my next book for free at this link: The Hap Hap Happy Happenstance of Fanny Punongtiti

I liked your animation

Nice animation, loved the cow. Your compositions worked really well, and the figure with the subtitles were quite cute.

Was the voice from the movie trainspotting?

hope you will find time to do some more animation some day!

:-) Pernelle

Character Design

Hi Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time out.

Your comments are great, This is my first short film ( I do hope to make more) but my passion is character design and illustration.

I made the film in part as a way of giving some life to my scribbles. Hopefully if I keep working hard I'll get a chance to make character design my career.

Thanks again.

Stuart Bradbury

P.S I'll check out your film, and drop you a note.

voiceover

Hi,

Thanks again for all your positive feedback.

The voiceover was actually done by me. The project was such a homegrown poject that I did everything except the sounds and music, which were done by my friend Nick Whitely.

The Scottish accent just seemed to work, which by the way sounds nothing like my normal accent. I hope I got away with it.

I'll be posting details my new project on the site very soon. If you join my forum I'll drop you an email.

Http://www.runnysugar.com/heydiddlediddle/getintouch.html

Thanks again.

Stuart Bradbury

I loved the color and textures, and though I'm no expert, I loved the accent.

I liked it enough to show it at the end of class today and tomorrow for my multimedia students. Good reactions from them.

Cartoon Thunder
There's a little biker in all of us...

i really like the part when the cow is running.

Neat idea and cool style.

I liked it.

What i liked least was probably the narrator script. At the end it seemed kinda...eh...not precise and clear.

"who wouldn't want to make stuff for me? I'm awesome." -Bloo

The cows reentry was funny. I thought it was good but it felt like it was draging at the begining.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I really welcome all comments, I'm not sure if you read my introduction on the website, but... its my first piece of animation and my first film.

So.. feedback will help me make the next film better.

I felt that the timing of the film worked well while I was compiling the final version. But as with all things I have watched it around 200 times now and changed my mind of the layout about 100. I think it will allways be like that.

I'm glad you both enjoyed parts of the film.

I look forward to showing you my future work

Thanks again, it means alot to me.

Stuart Bradbury