Search form

What's a good sound card?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
What's a good sound card?

Well, I guess I'm going for the full desktop animation studio thing-- no sense getting as far as I am and then stopping. Especially since the theremin is becoming a vital part of my story ideas. So I guess the next hurdle is sound.

A friend of mine recommends Sound Forge, so I guess I'll get that. But I still need a sound card with a 1/4th inch jack. I was going to get a duplex card so I can play back and record at the same time. But I'm thinikng I might be able to use my mp3 player, and avoid the additional expense.

I always thought if I ever got the chance to build a new unit I'd go with a Creative Soundblaster Audigy card. But that's strictly a pipedream for me at the moment. I liked the fact that some of them put some of the jacks out front on your box, so you don't have to pull everything out from the wall to plug stuff like keyboards and headsets in. I haven't been keeping up with the technology lately so maybe the Soundforge is a better choice, but Creative has been in the business for a long time now.

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/welcome.asp?category=1&subcategory=204&

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

I've used Creative Labs soundcards in my PC computers for several years now and I've been very happy with their products. I even have an MP3 player that is made by them. I also have had good experiences using Sound Forge Audio Studio 7.0 and Acid Music Studio 5.0 on my PC and Garage Band on my Mac. They are all solid performing programs and affordable.

-Cathy :)