Search form

Happy Groundhog Day

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Happy Groundhog Day

I've hardly been around here lately, but it is Groundhog Day, which comes but once a year...

http://www.cartoonthunder.com/animation/groundhogDay.html

Honestly I'm not too thrilled with this little piece, but it ain't too bad considering how much time I don't really have for animation lately. It is available as an E-card from my slowly growing e-card page.

As always, I'm open to comment, criticism, browbeating, and demeaning remarks. And the like. :eek:

rupertpiston's picture
Cartoon Thunder There's a little biker in all of us...

Cartoon Thunder
There's a little biker in all of us...

Nice and you did a good job with the lips.

Hey Rupert,

Nice work. I got a couple of good laughs at the end.

You might want to think about cutting to your one-shots a bit sooner. Maybe use the two-shot for the first bit of dialog, then go ones for a while, then cut back to a two when the bike on the right is talking about seeing your shadow. Breaks it up a bit, and keeps the visual interest up.

I did look to see if the bikes were casting shadows when he mentioned it - aaargh!!! Six more weeks of winter.

And the battery's dead in my bike...too much garage time...

thanks for giving it a test ride. besides the lack of cutting, I'm bugged by the complete lack of motion. It'd be nice if I had taken the time to have the forks turn to look at each other , something--anything to add to it.

Glad you got a couple yuks out of it, though!

My own scoot could use a ride to get the battery livened up some. Haven't ridden since a very stormy new years day. Looking at a great deal on a new front end tomorrow.

Whaddayou riding, DSB?

Cartoon Thunder

Yay, Rupert's back! I just like that the characters are consistent. I like seeing a personal idea being committed to and fleshed out.

The voices are distinct enough to attach to the characters and not cause distractions, either.

Kudos, friend!

Hey Scatman!! Happy to see you. How are you?

Been slow since September, but I'm thinking of using some different production techniques inspired by the work of Ryan Simmons at Cartoon Solutions, and also using some 3D models to draw from, suggested by ... somebody around here a while back who'd worked on Treasure Planet. I gotta find ways to get things done faster--I got no time in my life for this anymore, but I don't want to quit!

Tonight the ideas were burning a hole in my brain, so I got up to work. Hope you see me here more in other threads than my own.

Cartoon Thunder

Hey I like it! The dialogue is great--relaxed and beleivable. My only suggestion would be to turn down the music (it made some of the phrases hard to catch).

Pooryorik

Alas, Pooryorik, I thank you well!

Exciting was today reviewing my web traffic and I noticed that someone besides myself used one of my e-cards, someone I don't think I know, which is pretty cool.

Maybe I'll do valentine's day next... or start working on ecards for this year's bike events.

Cartoon Thunder