Search form

Enough!

104 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fantastic

In light of all this, I'd like to offer my services as an animator. My signature is a link to my student film online. It's slightly less than 6 minutes long. It shouldn't take up too much of your day.

If there is a position open at the studio Dark Angel is working at, I'm available.
:)

I do wish you the best of luck.

He who seeks the truth, must first empty his heart of a false pursuit.

Diemeras Dark Angel

Y'know Wade got me thinking, as Wade and others here are wont to do.

Sincerity is a odd little skill that seems to be harder to learn for some people these days.
All around us are these mixed messages about validation, accomplishments, success and self-worth, and its pretty clear some people get it all mixed up.
I'm sure that some folks that come onto sites like this get intimidated by the posters that have a great deal of experience. There's an inevitable comparson between skill levels and successes and I'm sure it can lead to more than a little "penis-envy".

Penis-envy is just so much bullshit.

Everyone starts out as nothing.
The only advantage someone more experienced has is that they started climbing the mountain sooner.
That can be simply by virtue of having been born years before.
People tend to forget that.

Egos are the best and worst thing a artist has. The best thing because fluffing an ego in the right way can get them to cough up heretofore unknown nuggets/secrets that can elevate a lesser talent. Egos can compell an artist to try to exceed their own best work, when faced with anothers best work. Ego's can reflect in the care and meticulous effort in a work.

The worst of an ego can emerge when a artist thinks he's above his audience or his peers. When an artist refuses to accept that his own effort may be weak compared to those around him.
Worse still, an ego can compell an artist to do insincere things to cover up their own weakness. Hey, denial and ego go hand in hand.

I've been a teacher for over a decade, and I took that path because I wanted to give back to the artform. It also taught me how little I know.
I did not do it to prop the vain or the lazy up--I have no time for them.
I have no time for insincerity either.
If someone throws something on to the table, and I sense that its not sincere I'm going to call it as that.
If I patronize them instead then I'm the one not being sincere.
I'll be pretty damn harsh with someone that I find has lied to me because they've just shown they cannot be trusted.
Why should I, or anyone else do otherwise?
Call it some tough love.

Even those folks without a fricken clue, the one's that just don't have talent and quite possibly never will, can get some of my time........as long as they are sincere and honest about what they are doing. What their talent level is at is irrelevant.
We all started out as nothing, remember?

Sincerity, like trust, takes a LONG time to re-establish once its lost.
I could careless what a person does, but WHAT KIND OF PERSON they are matters to me.

It blows my mind that there's still people from all walks that haven't reasoned something as simple as this out in their heads.

If someone doesn't know something, then learn so you know.
If someone wants to become something, then do so you truly become.
If someone wants to hide something of themselves from others, stop because you are only hiding from yourself.

There's nothing wise in what I've just said because I'm just repeating what's in all the life lessons that surround us.

:o I.....I don't know what to say...I'm speechless, you do care enough to educate me, grrr I am upset at the way I've behaved, I am not worthy of being here......but I did take every thing you said to heart, thank you for taking the time to care......I will learn and I WILL reveal my weakness or try to rectify it.....oh man, if only you had told me this sooner, then I wouldn't be in this situation.

P.S Wade K...I never run and hide, it's not in my nature, I'm a warrior and I never give up.

Diemeras Dark Angel

Aww come on Sliz, I didn't mean bad, I was just joking, I reckon he took it too harshly because he left:( Damn! I didn't mean to upset him, I only poked fun at his comment.
Hey,:( Wade K, I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything bad, I was just joking....:(

Nope. Nothing to prove here... I have paid my dues in the industry, having worked 15 years in it (yes, you were barely even able to walk when I started). This is how I am able to see through the BS... However, if you want to see who I am, please feel free to click HERE.

But the lizard man is correct. I just don't care... Except for that tickle of nausea in the back of my throat every time I see a Dark Angel posting.

Now to figure out how this ignore feature works... I don't even know where to find it...

"Don't want to end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard" - Paul Simon

Now we're supposed to believe that the independently-wealthy 17-year-old animation producer with six college degrees went crying to his mommy because some strangers on a message board didn't believe his life story?

Diemeras, just stop talking about yourself, or your fictitious self.
Either return to discussing the thread topics, or look elsewhere for the attention you so desperately seek.

Atrocious, I only related the comments you made against me as a form of humor to my peers, I find it amusing that you would go through so much lenghts to prove me wrong and still humiliate me for reasons of doubt.
I respect you and love ya to death, but a statement like that really crossed the line.

Diemeras Dark Angel

come on!

GOD!!! (no, i`m not calling you Diemeras, it`s just an expression)

Come on men... let it go. Let me tell you:

You are a very low minded boy, it shows on your ridiculous posts, posibly a lonely kid (and tath`s sad)... so, let it go. Get bat to the threads and let this one vanish in time. Maybe no one will remember your stupidity (sry) in times to come.

Huan

GOD!!! (no, i`m not calling you Diemeras, it`s just an expression)

Come on men... let it go. Let me tell you:

You are a very low minded boy, it shows on your ridiculous posts, posibly a lonely kid (and tath`s sad)... so, let it go. Get bat to the threads and let this one vanish in time. Maybe no one will remember your stupidity (sry) in times to come.

Huan

I am not lonely and I am not a low minded prude, I just want them to understand that I am not lying about who I am, I have degraded my character by defending my claim amd I need not stress on your severity, I am sorry for the day I ever revealed who I am, I will take your advice, thank you noble Huan.

Diemeras Dark Angel

Nope. Nothing to prove here... I have paid my dues in the industry, having worked 15 years in it (yes, you were barely even able to walk when I started). This is how I am able to see through the BS... However, if you want to see who I am, please feel free to click HERE.

But the lizard man is correct. I just don't care... Except for that tickle of nausea in the back of my throat every time I see a Dark Angel posting.

Now to figure out how this ignore feature works... I don't even know where to find it...

Lemme know when you find it Wade, I'll follow suit.

Found it Wade--go to your user control panel ( can click on your name), then look over the control column for Buddy/Ignore Lists.
Click on that and you'll get two choices, enter into the appropriate column and update.
Far as I know, that's all it takes.........

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

He's from Trinidad, if any of you ever bothered to look at profile pages he listed this as his homepage:

http://www.thetrinireview.com/

Pat Hacker, Visit Scooter's World.

im confused!!! DA why can't you reveal who you are? why can't you discuss films or productions youre involved in ? :rolleyes:

Diemeras,

this is really getting out of hand. i think your attention seeking is going too far. We arent friends, you dont look up to me, so stop saying patronising stuff like that.

secondly the only thing possibly true about what you have said is that you might be 17. thats bout it. i for one never believed you worked at WB even if you did it cant have been anything above intern

I never trusted anything you said simply coz of your use of language.it is so FAKE. Your disparaging comments to everyone and your manner of expression show a remarkable lack of maturity that you wouldnt expect in someone of your projected caliber.

6 college degrees? ha haha, i bet you are still in high school.

and stop being so humble you arent that great.

He's from Trinidad, if any of you ever bothered to look at profile pages

Believe me, we bothered. Trinidad is another possibility.
Hopefully it's not even important anymore. This whole thing seems to be winding down, despite Killjoy's blather.

I am still surprised that this thread even exists, you are the ones who kept it this long, I am long over this bickering, I was having fun with what HareDevil said until you came and flared me, if you don't like me, fine, you're only 3, I will not ignore you though because you haven't made me angry, cry or ashamed, people who make me do either I will respect them until the day I die.

Ken Davis thanks for your views, although this did not concern you, it was between me and 3 other members, Wade K, sorry again (for what it's worth) I meant no harm.....and I do not seek attention from strangers, because most of the time, you make me the centre of attention, by trying to make me a fool, but what ever, I still find you all entertaining, and I will have nothing to do with you both, so as long as you do not try to humiliate me....again.

Diemeras Dark Angel

Not yet

im confused!!! DA why can't you reveal who you are? why can't you discuss films or productions youre involved in ? :rolleyes:

Not yet Roz, the timin is totally not in sync but I will do so soon and I'll give the viewers of awn a true sight to behold....:D so look out for that;)

Diemeras Dark Angel

sorry skinnylizard but i took a moderate amout of offence to youre cmments, im 17? and im at a Highschool ( in Scotland ) you sounded as if 17 year olds at high school are dumb ?

Diemeras,

this is really getting out of hand. i think your attention seeking is going too far. We arent friends, you dont look up to me, so stop saying patronising stuff like that.

secondly the only thing possibly true about what you have said is that you might be 17. thats bout it. i for one never believed you worked at WB even if you did it cant have been anything above intern

I never trusted anything you said simply coz of your use of language.it is so FAKE. Your disparaging comments to everyone and your manner of expression show a remarkable lack of maturity that you wouldnt expect in someone of your projected caliber.

6 college degrees? ha haha, i bet you are still in high school.

and stop being so humble you arent that great.

I knew it would come to this.

Diemeras Dark Angel

I know some guys from Trinidad, they'll mess your ish up.

Lemme know when you find it Wade, I'll follow suit.

Found it Wade--go to your user control panel ( can click on your name), then look over the control column for Buddy/Ignore Lists.
Click on that and you'll get two choices, enter into the appropriate column and update.
Far as I know, that's all it takes.........

Cool. Thanks, Ken. I could not find it... Getting on it now.

Cheers

I have a question...

Did we travelled in time? are we in the castle age?... because i`ve noticed that this diemeras guy is talking like if.
Wath`s up?!! I`m really scared!!! I have to go out now... to get a newspaper!,,

I shall know the truth!!!!

Huan

That's it...I have nothing more to say regarding this thread, you may carry on.

Diemeras Dark Angel

I have a question...

Did we travelled in time? are we in the castle age?... because i`ve noticed that this diemeras guy is talking like if.
Wath`s up?!! I`m really scared!!! I have to go out now... to get a newspaper!,,

I shall know the truth!!!!

Huan

:) Yes!....WE Shall Know the truth!:p I had no idea I came across that way, I guess too much fantasy games and movies.....hey,listen! my show is an EPIC Fantasy, I guess you can blame it on that, but why change my speech...I find it fun:D

Diemeras Dark Angel

sorry skinnylizard but i took a moderate amout of offence to youre cmments, im 17? and im at a Highschool ( in Scotland ) you sounded as if 17 year olds at high school are dumb ?

Rozzco,i dont think 17 year olds are dumb and i never said so. All i said was that the character that Diemeras has built up for himself, the only thing that seems true is he is 17. everything is all lies. he is basically trolling for attention.

besides, i dont know anyone with 6 degrees( my uncle has 4 and he was in his mid 30s when he got done with them) period let alone at age 17.

haha ok koolio :) :rolleyes:

No fighting please

Rozzco,i dont think 17 year olds are dumb and i never said so. All i said was that the character that Diemeras has built up for himself, the only thing that seems true is he is 17. everything is all lies. he is basically trolling for attention.

besides, i dont know anyone with 6 degrees( my uncle has 4 and he was in his mid 30s when he got done with them) period let alone at age 17.

I do not need attention because I find that childish.

Diemeras Dark Angel

this has gone far enough anyway. ill leave Dumass angel to the better men here. im out of this.

this has gone far enough anyway. ill leave Dumass angel to the better men here. im out of this.

Hey! take that back, Skinnyasslizard.

Diemeras Dark Angel

I am still surprised that this thread even exists, you are the ones who kept it this long, I am long over this bickering, I was having fun with what HareDevil said until you came and flared me, if you don't like me, fine, you're only 3, I will not ignore you though because you haven't made me angry, cry or ashamed, people who make me do either I will respect them until the day I die.

Ken Davis thanks for your views, although this did not concern you, it was between me and 3 other members, Wade K, sorry again (for what it's worth) I meant no harm.....and I do not seek attention from strangers, because most of the time, you make me the centre of attention, by trying to make me a fool, but what ever, I still find you all entertaining, and I will have nothing to do with you both, so as long as you do not try to humiliate me....again.

Hey kid.

Do you want your soother? ( Maybe that'll make him shut up...)

Let it be known that Diemeras originally crafted his first post in this thread to make it appear that it was from his MOMMY coming to his defense.

Now, I have seen the humiliating comments you have made about my son, [etc.]

He subsequently edited it to make is appear that they're his words.

So we're supposed to believe a fellow WB executive used Diemeras' account to pose as Diemeras' mommy in order to defend him (even though it takes about two minutes for someone to start their own account). We're supposed to believe that Diemeras then altered this guy's words to make it appear that they came from Diemeras. On top of all that, Diemeras says at the bottom of the post that he's honest, even though he admittedly changed another guy's words to make it sound like Diemeras said them.

This guy is an attention-starved liar and lunatic, folks. He should probably be banned, but - until that time - everyone might want to just add him to their ignore lists.

I`m with you guys... we nedd to get back to work.

i`m out of this too. (but it was fun)

see ya in the real threads.

Let it be known that Diemeras originally crafted his first post in this thread to make it appear that it was from his MOMMY coming to his defense.He subsequently edited it to make is appear that they're his words.

So we're supposed to believe a fellow WB executive used Diemeras' account to pose as Diemeras' mommy in order to defend him (even though it takes about two minutes for someone to start their own account). We're supposed to believe that Diemeras then altered this guy's words to make it appear that they came from Diemeras. On top of all that, Diemeras says at the bottom of the post that he's honest, even though he admittedly changed another guy's words to make it sound like Diemeras said them.

This guy is an attention-starved liar and lunatic, folks. He should probably be banned, but - until that time - everyone might want to just add him to their ignore lists.

Well I guess someone's mad?

Diemeras Dark Angel

totally lost

ok... I am totally lost here!! Have I just landed in an alternative reality? What happened to the mild mannered people from this forum with whom I enjoyed talking about ANIMATION so much? Am I wrong, but aren't we meant to be talking about our passion for animation in this forum?
Why has it turned into a soap opera? It has loads of villians and a poor lost soul... It sounds far too much like a Mexican soap opera? by the way, you can recognise the hero by their long blonde lock of hair?
To be honest, I don't care who's wrong or right, and I'm definatley not on the side of anyone, I really don't like drama.. I prefer "Feed the kitty" by chuck Jones. No one gets hurt there!!
So please with sugar on the top, bring back my animated friends!!!

"check it out, you know it makes sense!" http://miaumau.blogspot.com/

However, if you want to see who I am, please feel free to click HERE.

Doood, you need to take "Amiga" off that "Experience with the following Computer Platforms:" list. :p

the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

Yeah, this is getting out of hand, and I'm surprised that one of the mods hasn't addressed the issue. Whether or not DDA has the job and credentials he says he has, there's really no reason to be beating on him the way this board has been in the last few days (and I count myself among the guilty).

If he is a whiz-kid executive developing a series at WB, then good for him. And if he's just a deluded teen with a very active fantasy life, so what? How are his alleged fabrications harming any of us in any way?

He says he's gone until he has something he can show. If so, then I look forward to his return, and to seeing what he has to show. If he hangs around and continues to brag the way he has, then take on those specific instances when they occur. By bashing him the way we have, we're really only providing the attention you've correctly stated that he's after.

P.S Wade K...I never run and hide, it's not in my nature, I'm a warrior and I never give up.

Even when you are fighting a losing battle? I am certainly not trying to flame you or anything here, but this just cannot be won. Just a suggestion, as I would hate to see you waste more time than you already have, when you could be working on deals to buy-out ABC Family Channel or Star Network or something similar.

DSB... You ruined the surprise... Hehehehehe

Cheers

Canada and the USA have laws regarding contracts with minors.
A 17 year old studio exec is absurd because how do you hold someone accountable who is underage and not obliged to honour the contract they have signed? Our fraud here didn't bring up the one exclusion to this from the outset.
He simply doesn't know what he's talking about, and never has.

I know... Oh, and let's not forget the US UNIONS! I think that in order to work in the US, you need to be unionized, and in order to be unionized, you need to be legal to work (18).

Barring all that... Ken, you have been around for some time... All contractual and union obligations aside (I doubt his parents would be able to sign for him as his legal guardians ;) ), I am sure you would agree that there would be no studio in the WORLD who would even dream of hiring a producer who did not know the industry inside and out through experience, professional and life-expreience. Let alone a 17-year-old one. It is just ludicrous.

Jeez, I remember one studio even turning me down from simply doing LAYOUT/POSING due to only having 3 years of experience (this was before layout/posing became the entry-level job here in Canada).

My two cents. As much as this whole thread / debate makes me sick to the stomach, it does make me giggle at times too.

I know... Oh, and let's not forget the US UNIONS! I think that in order to work in the US, you need to be unionized, and in order to be unionized, you need to be legal to work (18).

Barring all that... Ken, you have been around for some time... All contractual and union obligations aside (I doubt his parents would be able to sign for him as his legal guardians ;) ), I am sure you would agree that there would be no studio in the WORLD who would even dream of hiring a producer who did not know the industry inside and out through experience, professional and life-expreience. Let alone a 17-year-old one. It is just ludicrous.

Jeez, I remember one studio even turning me down from simply doing LAYOUT/POSING due to only having 3 years of experience (this was before layout/posing became the entry-level job here in Canada).

My two cents. As much as this whole thread / debate makes me sick to the stomach, it does make me giggle at times too.

Heh, I've been turned down for work for having TOO MUCH experience--figure THAT one out!

This is the thing for all the charlatans out there: frauds get found out simply because they are not genuine.
Guys like us are genuine, we've sweated the shit, done the work, put in our time. We don't have to lie about our backgrounds or skill-sets because the paycheques have borne our story out.
Its not about an exclusive club either.......one either puts in the time or they don't.
The frauds and the liars can NEVER make up that lost ground because even if they surmount the lack of skills, they still have to surmount the loss of integrity.

A 17 year old has exactly how much possible mature cognitive life experience? 4 years? 3?

Even if this kid becomes some kind of stellar talent (very doubtful), I'd still never work with him. Nor would I advise any of my colleagues to work with him. The danger of further duplicity/deceit is just too great.

As far as the entertainment goes, yea there's a certain morbid fascination watching someone ignorantly self-immolate.

That was pathetically amusing.

What would scooby do?

As far as the entertainment goes, yea there's a certain morbid fascination watching someone ignorantly self-immolate.

Hehehehe

As for being turned away for having TOO MUCH experience goes... Same here...

I was out of work once (between contracts, as MOST of us know happens often), and the only thing happening in town was someone needed layout/posing work done (kind of ironic that 10 years prior, I could not get that work due to not enough experience). I called them up, and sent my resume, and they did not take me, as they did not believe I would be happy doing the layout/posing after having directed the 5 or so years prior. I was both insulted and beaming at the same time, regardless of the fact that my mortgage may not get paid soon ;).

Cheers

At the age of 17 I still hadn't animated a single thing. 10 years on obviously that's changed, but I'm still feel like I'm finding my feet. If you have indeed circumvented the entire learning process that every great animator for the last hundred-odd years has subscribed to, then hats off to you.

Actually, I don't have a hat on me, only a paper napkin I got with my breakfast, but I can put it on my head if need be. Something tells me I might be spared the humiliation though. : )

Once the fellow made his claims and said he was 17, my eyebrows went up along with anyone else with a modicum of sense.

Reason being is that anyone under legal age with talent to work at a animation studio, to sell their OWN show to a studio would have been marketed/hyped out the wazoo BY THAT STUDIO.

"Studio XYZ is pleased to announced we are working with 17-year old animation prodigy ( insert name here) to develop a 1/2 hour animated series".

This kind of thing gets attention, but its pretty clear that DIEMERAS Dark Angel is the one just WANTING attention.

Look, this gets pretty simple from here on in--the cover's been blown, the jog is clearly up..........you like animation, fine. Keep posting, keep contributing based on what you know and what you like.
Pass yourself as something you are not and you draw shots like a clump of cow turd draws flies.
At age 17, the best thing you can do is learn the life-lesson about being honest with yourself.

BTW, ten bucks says that the kid doesn't come back with that handle, but subscribes again with a new one.
If he was really on the up and up, he wouldn't have to leave in the first place.
He'd be able to demonstrate his talent without compromising the project he claims to be working on. I've seen nothing to date to substantiate anything the kid has said.

:o I.....I don't know what to say...I'm speechless, you do care enough to educate me, grrr I am upset at the way I've behaved, I am not worthy of being here......but I did take every thing you said to heart, thank you for taking the time to care......I will learn and I WILL reveal my weakness or try to rectify it.....oh man, if only you had told me this sooner, then I wouldn't be in this situation.

No actually, I DON'T CARE.

I'm sick and tired of internet trolls and I take my pound and tonnage of glee in revealing them for what they are: unhealthy people in need of attention.
I'm not a damn baby-sitter, and you are acting like a pre-adolescent, imo.

What I wrote wasn't for you, it was for the rest of the forum.
I don't need to make an example of you because you've done that for me.

My saying ANYTHING prior wouldn't have saved your sorry hide, because YOU are the determining factor. You were not and are not interested in learning/listening, you want validation for things you cannot demonstrate. Validation that you just do not deserve.

Want a life lesson?? Sometimes the choices you make in life count, and second chances are things that happen in fairy tales.

If you want to redeem yourself, then get to it. I simply do not care what you say, do, or achieve from this point on.

In other words, go grow up.

Make a little pirate hat out of that napkin, Kev. That is a trend that is taking the world by storm! The ladies will not be able to resist you!

17 year olds at high school are not dumb, they are inexperienced.

Its a bit different than dumb, but sometimes looks pretty close to it.

Thing is, with dumb and inexperience, they are both things that a person can do something about.

no, no, no!

When the ball bounces on the floor, it squashes down a bit, THEN...Oh...sorry, wrong thread!

Splatman:D

That is perfect! With my new-found, rakish appearance and suave British accent few will be able to resist my advances!

Avast!

Attachment 

You can look down your noses at us all you want,
but, because we stood up to the little liar, he's now off the forum (if we're to take him at his word); and we can now get back to discussing animation instead of discussing Diemeras.

And Ken's probably right. Diemeras will just return with a different account and pretend to be Brad Bird or somebody. This guy is far from a harmless prankster. He is conning people like the poor, gullible Haredevil. You come on here, and claim to be an animation executive, and animators will expend a lot of energy to impress you.

Its Munchausen by Internet!

See it LIVE on AWN!

:rolleyes:

When the ball bounces on the floor, it squashes down a bit, THEN...Oh...sorry, wrong thread!

Splatman:D

Hahahahahahaa Only you Splat :D

You can look down your noses at us all you want

I hope this wasn't directed at me, because I'm in no way "looking down my nose" at anyone. I'm just surprised how vehemently people have jumped on this guy in the last day or so. I doubt anyone here is really buying what this guy is selling, but that's far different than some of the invective that's been hurled.

Everyone starts out as nothing.
The only advantage someone more experienced has is that they started climbing the mountain sooner.
That can be simply by virtue of having been born years before.
People tend to forget that.

I really like that Ken. Very zen. I think thats going to be one of those quotes that'll stay with me. I hope you don't mind if I use that from time to time?

Mahalo,
the Ape

I really like that Ken. Very zen. I think thats going to be one of those quotes that'll stay with me. I hope you don't mind if I use that from time to time?

Mahalo,
the Ape

You like that one?

I gots anothuh!!

"Think of th' finguh as un AWWOW pointed stwaight at th' MOON!

But do NOT concentwate too much on th' finguh or you will miss all the Heawenly Glowy!"

Bruce Lee helped me with it a little...........

Pages