My name is Lonney McDonald, and I am hoping, over the next few years, to be attending school in Vancouver with the eventual goal of finding work in the field of 2D or computer animation. I was advised to send out a few interview questionaires to some employees in the local animation industry, to help me better understand the field, and to properly direct my choices for school.
The following questions were prepared by an outside advisor, so not all may apply. But it would be very helpful to me if any of you could take a few minutes to answer what you can. Emails or PMs are fine if you would prefer to not answer directly on the forum.
Name of company you are employed at:____________
1. How long have you worked at this job?
2. what are the duties and responsibilities of your position?
3. did you recieve on-the-job training in your position? Y/N
4. Did you attend a training program to become skilled in this occupation? Y/N.. if YES, where (and which courses did you take, or which programs did you attend?)
5. Are there opportunities for advancement in your position? Y/N
6. What do you enjoy the most about your job?
7. What do you enjoy the least about your job?
8. If you were starting again, what would you do differently?
9. How is your job different from how you expected it to be?
10. What is the current starting wage?
11. What are the working conditions of your position? (ie. noisy, fumes, hot, cold, pysically demanding, shift work, etc.)
12. Are there any special clothes or tools required for this position?
13. What resource information or books should I obtain or read?
14. can you refer me to anyone else I should talk to?
I would like to thank you again for your time and attention. Your answers will be very helpful to me! Great Site!!!!