Search form

senior animation project

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
senior animation project

here's my progress on my senior animation project for Savannah College of Art and Design.
I doubt I'll have the time to fix any major motion problems, so if you want to point them out, keep in mind that you'll just be making me feel really bad. Otherwise I'll try to correct any cosmetic problems.
I also included an old animation I think I've shown here before, which is the very next shot, so I'll be animating and coloring that next.

http://ribaldyouth.com/krishna/anim/seniorproject/wakeup4.html

and the next shot: http://ribaldyouth.com/krishna/anim/seniorproject/tigergirlfinal_Scene%202.swf

they seem to run a little slow in web browsers, so it might be better to just download the swf to your hard drive to view it

I'm actually pretty disappointed that she isn't coming out like she did on my turnaround :( http://ribaldyouth.com/krishna/anim/seniorproject/girlturnaround.jpg

yeah, flash... I haven't gotten the chance to try toonboom yet =\

Wow!Nice animation,it's all nice and smooth. :) How many frames did it take to do, for that one scene?

:D 2D Animation FOREVER:D

im not going to point out any problems coz there are much better people then me here to do that.
all i will say is that i like what i see thus far. very nice combination. it comes together nicely.

This looks great Bossmonkey. I really like the turnaround. She's really cute. I think she'll look like the model sheet once she opens her eyes more. I can't wait to see the whole thing finished.

A couple little nit picky things, though. I'd like to see her exhale befor she gets up. She inhales, holds then gets up, and it's feeling a bit weird. Also the timing is a bit even from the laying down pose to the arm up. Then from that pose to when she sits up. It looks good, but could use a little more oomph to it. Also there are a bunch of tangents going on. While she's laying down, her head is alittle close to the branch going up. When her elbow comes up to push her up, it tangents the upper branch. If you could move the BG to the right alittle I think this would fix it.

Like I said, these are just nit picky things. The animation looks great, with these little fixes, it'll look fantastic.

Aloha,
the Ape

...we must all face a choice, between what is right... and what is easy."

neocrisis> the waking up sequence was around 60 drawings, not including the small cycle at the end

animated ape> your input helps a lot. I can't spend too much more time on this scene so I just moved her to the left a bit and added a few frames between the laying down and arms up poses, but I'll keep those rules in mind for the rest of the animation.
also, it apparently didn't read right... the "inhale" at the beginning is her just tensing her shoulders, not breathing in necessarily.
I dunno if what little I did makes much of a difference, but:
http://ribaldyouth.com/krishna/anim/seniorproject/wakeupfix.swf
thanks

You are doing some awesome work, but i am with skinnylizard, there will be better people than me commenting on your work. Is this your private web site or are you working it with others?

thanks guys

it's actually my roommate's website, he's letting me upload to it for school stuff
he's got a really awesome comic if you haven't checked it out already... he's actually the one who storyboarded/directed the project I'm animating.

it looks awesome. I must say I am interested to see the final piece!

I have some questions about your process if you dont mind.

Do you just sketch out the rough animation directly in flash? then redraw over each frame the more detailed character?

"who wouldn't want to make stuff for me? I'm awesome." -Bloo

yup that's all there is to it...

Is this really Flash you´ve used there? Not ToonBoom? Really beautyful work, i like the changes in perspective when she climbs down the tree :)

...great drawings and agree to correct some details but also I will say that something is wrong with the timing, I see it running with small stops like low memory, not fluently, maybe thats why I also fill it like to much time for the panning. The jump is great drama step.

...I hope I let myself understood, I think in spanish...

good job!

...great drawings and agree to correct some details but also I will say that something is wrong with the timing, I see it running with small stops like low memory, not fluently, maybe thats why I also fill it like to much time for the panning. The jump is great drama step.

...I hope I let myself understood, I think in spanish...

good job!

You are clear enough. As for the timing, did you wait for the page to complete its download? For me, it looks like they shot the animation on 2's that can makes the timing look off.