Search form

Is it me or is The Simpsons is teribble now!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is it me or is The Simpsons is teribble now!

I'm sorry to sound so harsh, but i just can't get over how bad one of the greatest comedy's has become. Doesn't the network realise this? Why don't they just make the movie and finish it. The stories are now ridiculous and not funny, in older seasons, they could get away with more extravagant stories because they were full of funny one liners and witty comments. Now it's just 21 minutes of random stupidity. How does this pass the script writers, does Matt Groening even read the scripts now? They keep bringing back characters and sticking them in stupid locations, like Sideshow Bob. For some reason he was mayor of a town in Italy. In this latest episode "The Italian Job" Mr Burns sent Homer to pick up his new car.....why? Surely Mr Burns has realised Homers incompotence. During this episode they are in a car incident involving...cheese (wow thats not writers block is it) and for some reason Lisa shouts out of the name of each bit of cheese, which was almost embarassing to watch.
In a previous episode Marge leaves home (again) and she comes across a Manatee Farmer (you know them common people) It feels like they just had a random hat of animal names and picked one out at random. This was also shown in another episode where Lisa loses her faith in Homer (again) but to make it sound like they hadn't done it before they stuck the words 'and men' afterwards. So Homer gains her trust back by becoming a school mascot, with the utterly stupid name "The Safety Salimandar" Eh! It doesnt make sense. I don't mean to sound offensive but this is what the script writers must say

Script Writer 1: Come on you guys this is unoriginal garbage

Script Writer 2: Who cares? It's the Simpsons we'll still get paid and people will still watch it. It's not like Matt watches the show anymore....

And the shameful thing about that statement is, i belive it's true. I actually still do watch the new simpon episodes in hope that i can be entertained, sadly i havent been entertained since their 300th epsiode, and now 65 episodes on or something they;ve been nothing but cringeworthy and diabolical.

If they are stuck with ideas why dont they just stop. Haalf the characters have lost their identy. Homer and Bart are almost the same character, Bart was mischevious and more menacing in previous seasons, Homer was just generally useless and stupid. Chief Wiggum is just a child now, he was always idiotic but not to level he is now, he was mainly just lazy and useless at his job. The script no longer has this almost autentic and believable feel to it, now it's just so off the wall i cringe with nearly every word that is spoken.
I dont mean to have a stab at what was such a great cartoon, i just don't understand why this has gone on for three years longer then it should of. Futurama had a lot more potential but never had the chance to show it Sure some of them episodes were odd and stupid, but it was more acceptable because of the setting, so they could have aliens, space travel, giant coments of junk and get away with it.

Feel free to discuss, i'm open for criticism.

one season, i think it was last, it was really really good.

i havnt payed much attention lately only because i have usually been playing halo2.

But honestly...look back at the old reruns....they really are not that different for the most part.

there are some that are totally different and clearly awesome....but they are all pretty much still kind of the same.

all in all, I like it still.

"who wouldn't want to make stuff for me? I'm awesome." -Bloo