Search form

Ninja animation

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ninja animation

We finally finished it, many a long night and sore hands.

Hope you like it. Any feedback will be gratefully received.

Grega

http://fuggyfuggy.com/

grega's picture
The Brothers McLeod [SIZE=2]brothersmcleod.co.uk[/SIZE]

The Brothers McLeod
[SIZE=2]brothersmcleod.co.uk[/SIZE]

Looks like Fuggy has gone viral - we had 8000 hits yestarday from all over the world - wierd

Go Fuggy!

The Brothers McLeod

you should thank me a bit, ive been telling a few mates but i only mailed like 8 people.

so the rest of the 7992 must be someone elses doing :)

It was hand drawn - cleaned up with an ink pen then scanned and imported into flash then tweeked where necessary.

i want to know why you chose this route vs a direct Flash route?

hahah that was great,i especially like the bit with the spiked monster and the fire!

Not a big fan of drawing straight into flash - it works for some projects but I do most of my designing with a specific ink pen and I wanted to use that line for this film. I used flash because over the years I've picked up some little cheats that speed things up. Plus programs like animo are very expensive. It might seem a bit of a round about way of doing things but it works for us.

The Brothers McLeod

Not a big fan of drawing straight into flash - it works for some projects but I do most of my designing with a specific ink pen and I wanted to use that line for this film. I used flash because over the years I've picked up some little cheats that speed things up. Plus programs like animo are very expensive. It might seem a bit of a round about way of doing things but it works for us.

i asked coz ive done a lot of what you mentioned for pretty much the exact reasons.
though its quite a lenghty process.

i didnt mean drawing straight into Flash. i meant creating your stage layouts and working with the symbols.

Ah I see.

I have to admit that having made Fuggy the way I did I can now see ways of streamlining the process.

I am making a web sitcom next year and am already devising some working practices which will enable me to retain the hand drawn feel but utilizing some of the workflow benefits of flash.

However sometimes you just have to put the hours in.

The Brothers McLeod

Ah I see.

I have to admit that having made Fuggy the way I did I can now see ways of streamlining the process.

I am making a web sitcom next year and am already devising some working practices which will enable me to retain the hand drawn feel but utilizing some of the workflow benefits of flash.

However sometimes you just have to put the hours in.

def. i recently had the opportunity to contract someone who last worked on WB's Coconut Fred and before that on Disney's Buzz on Maggie.

Some of the stuff i was taught although exclusively Flash related, def saves me a lot of time because the process is a lot more straight forward.

Personally Animo to me is just not on. Too expensive and Flash+AE gives more functionality. whether its for 2d or for Flash.

i think Ninja would be a splendid direct Flash made project. like Atomic Betty

but anyway. im ranting now.

Very cool. I enjoyed the narrator, reminded me of the announcer from Mortal Kombat. :p

8000 hits, you must be ecstatic to have such an audience.

We are very pleased - it's at 10000 now. Seems to be spreading

The Brothers McLeod

Great Style!

Hey Grega,

Your hard work paid off. LOL. This movie was crazy hilarious! Very cool style. I dig! The numchuck and weapons motion were awesome...very original and humorous.
What program/s did you use to make this and how many people were involved. Great sound too! I could see this on TV.

Awesome work!!!
Congrats!!! :cool:

I argee! Funny and wonderful film!!!

It took two of us 2 weeks to make. It was a labour of love, a character that came out of nowhere and took shape as we animated.

Glad you like it.

The Brothers McLeod

That was good!
Did you draw it by hand or in Flash or what? It looked like hand drawn...
James :cool:

It was hand drawn - cleaned up with an ink pen then scanned and imported into flash then tweeked where necessary.

The Brothers McLeod