Search form

Anime-Style Characters

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anime-Style Characters

hey everyone, i i'm thinking of practive Anime-style characters for my show and i'm wondering what are the benefits of drawing Anime-style characters. :D

echi's picture
Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool: Visit My new album website My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool:

Visit My new album website

My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

You need to do what you wont to so if that is the style you wont, then go for it.

The advantage isn't in the style of characters as much as the style of animation. Anime uses less motion to communicate the animation so it's less expensive and less time consuming to create. It's not just "limiting" the animation, but it's selelcting shots that don't require as much animation.

Ive been noticing this more and more and not just with animation. I finally saw Corpse Bride yesterday, and I noticed shots where the "animation" consisdes of sweeping slowly up the side of a building. It "used" screen time without requiring the laborious repositioning of figures.

Anime does this a LOT. Still shots while sounds take up the time. Pans. That kind of thing. Anyme characters are also generally less detailed than other animation so they're quicker to produce.

However, many anime productions feature almost thriftless detail in clothing and shading in their character designs which would be very, very hard and time-consuming to fully animate, Disney-style.

i like the anime-style used in Avatar:The Last Airbender

heard of it?

Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool:

Visit My new album website

My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

im not a fan of "anime style" Ive seen it used well (FLCL), and seen it used not well (too many)

The problem i have with it is it is all the same. Same eyes, same face shape all around in each character.

"who wouldn't want to make stuff for me? I'm awesome." -Bloo