Search form

Looking to spend final degree year in U.S, but where?

1 post / 0 new
Looking to spend final degree year in U.S, but where?

Hi guys (and girls),

Some of you proabably already know me from a while back, haven't posted on this board for a few months, been watching in the shadows!

As it is, I'm currently in my second year of my animation degree in Southampton, England but am considering the idea of spending my final year abroad whilst producing my film.

This has been done before by quite a few people, and I am very interested in the U.S, but I haven't a clue where to go! One of my ideal situations would be to spend a year at CalArts, but I see this as near impossible as I don't know how to get the ball rolling. Saying this, any animation college/degree school would be great, just to get the experience of working/producing animation abroad. And any country is a possibility! The U.S stuck out as a good starting point.

Does anybody have any information on this or advice on how I could get started? I've also looked at work experience (I think it's called internship in the states) at a studio over there either over the summer whilst I work on ideas for my final film or any time available. i really want to do this! So anyone with help, send it my way and I would greatly appreciate it!

And one last thing, maybe you work at a studio or production house where you think this could be a possibility? If so, let me know!

I know it's a long shot, but thanks for your time if not anything else!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Adam Oliver (a.k.a flashman)