Search form

The most popular genre to produce animation!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
The most popular genre to produce animation!

;) Hey Everyone Longtime no see

i have a plot for a show from a kind of mystery genre e.g dective solving mysteries and fighting crine in the streets of new york city

i just thought to myself
what is the best genre (or the most popular) to make a successful show e.g Action/adventure,mystery, kids, e.t.c

echi's picture
Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool: Visit My new album website My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

Message By Echi Echi :D :) :) :cool:

Visit My new album website

My Gallery of My Characters, My Toons, My Life

Id say fo kids go with action, if they dont understand the story the visuals will keep thier attention.

The Danger Monk

kids/comedy with a touch of adventure/action, but primarily make it funny

Without the marketing and associated products (Yu-Gi, Pokemon, etc), non-comedy has a much more difficult time.

Producing solidily ok animation since 2001.
www.galaxy12.com

Now with more doodling!
www.galaxy12.com/latenight

It would seem to be comedy since approximately 90% of all animated works are comedies.
Sci-fi/fantasy would be second (see superheroes, anime, fairy tales).
Action/adventure would be third (see superheroes, anime, fairy tales).

Quite often all 3 (or 5) genres are in the same product (see superheroes, anime, fairy tales).

Rarely you will find an animated film that fits NONE OF THOSE GENRES(!):
[i]Grave of the Fireflies,
American Pop,
Everybody Rides the Carousel,
[/i]possibly[i] When the Wind Blows,
[/i]possibly My Neighbors the Yamadas,
and probably about a thousand "artsy" shorts like [i]The Man Who Planted Trees.

[/i]For your project you might want to go for a Scooby Doo / Inspector Gadget type of thing: that is, lots of slapstick.

yea, comedy would be good. but IMO things like comedy and jokes are very close connected with someone's cultural background, religion, etc. and when you say something that you think is funny and you start laughing your er.. behind off, and then realize that you're the only one in the room laughing, it hurts. and when it took months to _say_ it, it'll hurt even more. but yea, comedy is good if you can pull it off.

"If life deals you a bad hand... cheat."

Thanks Everyone

Thank u all for ure comments on the subject
what do u think of a mystery show mixed with comedy and action
would that be a big hit?

Thank u all for ure comments on the subject
what do u think of a mystery show mixed with comedy and action
would that be a big hit?

echi just about anything can be a big hit. who would have thought a cheaply made cutout animation about a few kids speaking in bad language would be a huge hit???

its all about how you write, present and animate the work.

edit: if you pick the comedy genre then it might just give you on paper a wider audience. thats all

Thanks!!!

echi just about anything can be a big hit. who would have thought a cheaply made cutout animation about a few kids speaking in bad language would be a huge hit???

its all about how you write, present and animate the work.

edit: if you pick the comedy genre then it might just give you on paper a wider audience. thats all

thanks for it, but i NEED HELP!!!!, i wanna produce a 1-5 minute animation sequence of the main character and i'm not experienced in making it myself so i want someone to work with (FACE TO FACE).

your talking a few thousand dollars and a few hundred man hours mate.

22 minute show

i only want a 22 minute show, what will that cost me to make?

You might want to try storyboarding it or doing a comic book, and pitching it to someone.

When I think comedy, a question that I always ask myself is, "If it's not funny, what is it?" Does it develop character or tell the story? If there's anything that gets me to change channels, it's a bunch of lame jokes strung together, not telling a story.