Search form

Whipbot-penciltest

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Whipbot-penciltest

Let's forget that this is rough as hell and I could use about 10 more drawings at the end as follow thru...

whatdya think of this one?

whipbot-PENCILTEST-SWF

whipbot-PENCILTEST-GIF

pretty cool animation. nice timing. i think it would look stronger if he anticipated up a little more, like have both legs go straight, then have him do the spin thing. so he would stretch higher for a few frames, then go down to the regular height of the last pose. i think it would accent the movement a little better. just a suggestion! but its still cool as is.

Nice job The character is interesting and the animaton is great(i love when he spin's)cant wait to see more! :D

Ever play the game Alien Hominid? (the console release)

This guy reminds me of one of the Bosses.

I like it. For being as rough as you say, finish it up and it should be awesome.

Is it for something or just a test?

"who wouldn't want to make stuff for me? I'm awesome." -Bloo

more to come...

43 views in less than 9 hours, word!

I'm actually using this hand drawn animation as reference so I can teach myself more about FLASH. The upper body is (aside from a couple of hands) made up of spheres; easy shapes to manipulate and duplicate into levels of heirarchy with the arms torso and head as they all spin around. The legs weren't as well thought out.

Brien,
It's a tough call with what you're suggesting. On the one hand, I do agree that maybe just a smidge more anticipation on the way up might make this stronger. On the other, I'm not sure about the legs suggestion. If anything, I would have bent the back leg more....recoiling all of the energy back-back-back then "SCHWOOP" to lunge forward. Straight is boring. But I give you 1/2 credit for the anticipation, you're totally right about that:)

Blinkmetoys,
I have Alien Homind and I beat the game, but I don't remember a robot that looked like this. That game though is definitely on my "A" list of one of the best traditionally animated video games ever...but it's leagues behind my hero: Dragon's Lair. (and if you don't know DL, for God's sake man, please look it up. It's awesome!)

Thunderobot,
If you like this version, wait till you see the next:)

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/234/944/1600/Alien%20hominid%20box.jpg

that one in the background, with one eye. haha. that is the MAIN reason i thought of it. But the proportions are kinda similar. Im not saying you copied or anything, just that it reminded me of it.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/234/944/1600/Alien%20hominid%20box.jpg

that one in the background, with one eye. haha. that is the MAIN reason i thought of it. But the proportions are kinda similar. Im not saying you copied or anything, just that it reminded me of it.

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://localhost:10141/blogger/234/944/1600/Alien%20hominid%20box.jpg

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.

haha....stupid google images....its the cover for the game. this from official site so maybe itl stay active.

madaman90: Sorry I forgot you say, nice job on your pencil test.

I like the robot man! great work!

Gillianseed,
you from Jersey?
What exit?